24 | Playing with Fire

(Some surprise action. Not really a warning lmao.)

Do you really want to hurt me? ~ Nissa Barrett

《¤Rosie¤》

My heart flutters within my chest, still frantic after what I just let happen. I haven't moved since Hana and I sat down in a booth. I haven't even touched the drink she'd gotten me. Its ice cubes crackling and melting within the clear liquid, its still where she'd put it on the glossy table. I had no idea whether it was water or alcohol. I was a bit scared to find out. Peeking over at Hana, my cheeks flare once again. She's grinning ear to ear as she wiggles her eyebrows at me, almost as if it wasn't her that blindfolded me and shoved me into that chair.

Was that me? Did I just do that?

I did... and surprisingly, I enjoyed every minute of it. My skin still feels heated. Every second I think of those rough hands on my body, shivers become goosebumps rising across my flesh.

My legs feel wobbly and my stomach flutters as I scan the club. I kept telling myself that I didn't know who he was, yet a small part of me already had connected the dots. I didn't want to admit it- not even to myself. I didn't want to admit that I recognized his cologne the minute I felt his presence. I didn't want to admit I recognized him the moment his hand tangled into my hair and pulled my head back. I didn't want to admit that as time went on, I recognized his husky mouthwatering voice.

I played along. I pretended purely out of need. But I knew. I knew that if it wasn't him, I would have pulled the blindfold off and stormed out of there.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still pissed at him. But when Hana delivered him to me on his knees and at my mercy... I couldn't force myself to pass up on it. No strings meant no strings. My heart wasn't in it and I knew neither was his. It was a means to an end... at least for me. He didn't get off and that somehow brought a smile to my lips. It made me feel powerful. It made me feel like, in a small way, I'd gotten back at him by taking without giving back in return.

My throat dry, I swallow as my eyes flicker in his direction. He sits at the bar beside Chuck, a glass full of amber liquid as he stares ahead aimlessly. His tongue traces his lips as his eyes flicker towards me thoughtfully.

I don't shy away. I hold his heated gaze as I bite my bottom lip. His gaze drifts down to my mouth as he raises his glass absent-mindedly to take a drink.

To think... those lips were once on me less than thirty minutes ago.

I didn't forgive him. I wouldn't forgive him. But I would be lying if I said my body didn't burn for him or react just from his hooded gaze alone. My lips part as my tongue traces my canines as I scan his large frame. Black button up shirt with the sleeves pushed up to expose his toned tattooed arms. Jeans that hugged all of him. He certainly was a sight.

And he had yet to look away.

My lips curl into a smirk as I slowly curl my tongue up in a licking motion. His glass froze at his lips. There we go, big boy.

"How did you know?" Hana hummed nonchalantly.

I tilt my head, but I don't look away from him. Enjoying the sweet torture as he sucks in a deep breath and lowers his glass to the bar.

"He's very... obvious."

"Are you upset?" Hana presses from my side.

"No." My answer surprises even myself. "I've heard angry sex can be..."