05 | Paying Dues 🥀

⚠️ Warning some gruesome content ahead. Blood and gore. You were warned, be wary all readers who have easily queasy stomachs. PS. And domestic abuse.⚠️

《¤Dominic¤》

Hayden returned to the VIP room with a bottle of red wine in hand. He sighed and dropped down onto the couch across from me. Kneading his temple, he eyed the game she had interrupted left lying out on the table.

"I don't think she believed me." He grumbled, hurt flashing across his face.

"I wouldn't either."

His brows knit together as his gaze flickered up to me. "Well, thanks." His voice practically drips with sarcasm.

I shrug as I snuff out my cigarette. He was about to get drunk and drink away his problems. I wasn't in the mood to babysit him. That's why I had phoned Chuck before our emotional Don returned. I can't deal with his emotional ass right now. If he wanted to be an idiot and drink himself to the bottom of the bottle, that's on him.

Chuck can deal with it. He wanted Hayden, then he can clean him up after he decides to vomite everywhere again. This seems to be a reoccurring thing with Hayden. He let's his emotions get to him, drinks himself stupid, and then violently gets sick while apologizing to everyone and anyone in his path.

Maybe I should phone Dr. Ackermans again.

I watch him pop the cork and take a swig straight from the bottle.

"Isn't it a bit early?"

"It's five o'clock somewhere."

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

I heave myself onto my feet and snatched the bottle from him. He lets out a bitter sigh of annoyance as I slammed the bottle down onto the table between us. Red sticky liquid sloshes out and onto the cards strewn across the surface, but neither of us seemed to care. A frown settles on his face as he eyes the bottle.

"Grow the fuck up," I seeth. "You are the fucking Don of this operation. Act like it. You wonder why no one takes you seriously? Fucking look at yourself. A pity party with a limp dick. Who'd want to take orders from a man that can't even go a day without drowning himself in a bottle of whatever he can find?"

He doesn't say anything as I tower over him.

"None of them respect you. None of them deem you worthy of the position given to you. You were raised by a silver spoon and cocooned from the brutal honesty by your father. If he saw you right now, he'd fucking have you discarded. He'd even make me do it."

His eyes never left the bottle. "I didn't want this."

I suck in a deep breath. "You think any of us wanted this? No! But we deal with the cards dealt to us and suck it up. You were born into the Costa bloodline. You were born to take your fathers place. But all you do is drink, get high, and lay around with your little boyfriend. Grab yourself by the balls and get off your ass. Do something about it instead of wallowing away like a pathetic excuse of a man-"

"Dom, that's enough."

I don't look at Chuck as he waltzes through the room and sinks onto the couch beside Hayden.