2 | I've Seen Prettier

"I should get dressed

"I should get dressed. Don't you have school tomorrow?" Nadia giggled, snuggling her head further into my chest.

I beamed down at her, running my hand through her soft black hair. She was beautiful and I couldn't believe she was in my arms right now.

Her naked body pressed against my own.

Heaven.

"Why can't I take you with me?" I pouted, pulling her closer.

"Because I'm too old for that," Nadia retorted, rolling her eyes slightly. "I graduated high school 2 years ago."

I had met Nadia and the rest of my friends about 2 years ago when they still attended my high school. They were all older than me. I had walked around to this deserted alleyway behind school and saw them all smoking there. They asked me if I wanted to join them and the rest was history.

I preferred hanging out with them because no one in my grade understood me like they did.

They were considered the "losers" and "stoners" of their grade which was only half true. They were stoners but definitely not losers. They were some of the best people I've ever met.

"I'll meet you guys at the apartment then after school," I responded. "I don't have work tomorrow so I'll be able to come."

"Can't wait," Nadia responded, giving me a peck on the cheek before getting up and putting her clothes on that were scattered all over my room.

I walked Nadia to the front door like a gentleman. My mom's worried glances did not go unnoticed by me but I just decided to ignore it.

My mom was not a big fan of Nadia and the rest of my friends. She claimed that they were bad influences on me. I would be out late at night with them and coming home high but I assured her that I was okay.

She never quite believed me though.

Nadia was not my girlfriend.

Even though I really wished she was.

We had started a friends with benefits type relationship a few months ago but that didn't stop me from falling for her.

She was broken and so was I.

I think we bonded on another level because of that.

Once I walked Nadia back to her car, I went back inside and met my mom in the kitchen.

God, I hoped she wouldn't say anything.

"So you ready for school tomorrow, honey?" Mom asked, smoothing the front of her apron down. "Your first day of senior year."

I sighed, not wanting to think about it. I wouldn't even be in school if it wasn't for my mom. I didn't want to disappoint her or make her worry so I stayed in school and maintained good grades.