21 | Family Dinner With Your Boyfriend Already?

"Okay kids, we're having Uncle Marcel and Ace over for dinner tonight," Dad announced to us

"Okay kids, we're having Uncle Marcel and Ace over for dinner tonight," Dad announced to us. Mom and I were sitting at the dining table trying to design new Holiday themed menus for the hotel restaurant. Izzy was just sitting next to us and drawing something. I couldn't tell what it was though.

That meant she wasn't that good.

But if I said something, Mom would get mad at me.

"Family dinners with your boyfriend already?" Mom teased, nudging me slightly with a smirk on her face.

I groaned, covering my face with my hands. It's like my parents lived to tease me.

"I expect you guys to be on your best behavior tonight," Dad said, trying to sound stern. He peaked over my shoulder at my laptop screen and a sound of satisfaction. "Nice design."

"Thanks, it was all me," I said smugly. "Mom just watched the entire time."

"I did not!" Mom retorted, grabbing the laptop from me to try to look busy.

I chuckled at her childish behavior. I guess this is where I got it from. My attention was diverted away from the laptop screen when I felt a buzz in my back pocket.

Ace: My dad just said we were having dinner at your place tonight. Do you know anything about this?

Me: Yeah, my dad just told us too.

Ace: Great, see you there :)

My heart rate started racing and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. I thought back to the kiss we shared just the night before and I could feel my whole body heating up.

"Texting your boyfriend?" Izzy asked, raising an eyebrow at me. For someone so young, she sure had a lot of questions.

"Mind your own business," I snapped, standing up from my chair. "I'm going to go change so I look at least presentable for dinner."

"She's definitely just trying to impress her boyfriend," Mom told Izzy. Izzy just nodded her head in agreement and they both smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and decided not to reply.

Like mother like daughter. They both had the exact same smirk. Everyone would tell us that Izzy looked exactly like my mother while I looked like both my dad and mom equally.

As I was changing into a pair of flared leggings and a tight long sleeved shirt, I heard my phone buzz again. My heart rate sped up again at the possibility of it being Ace. I hadn't responded to his previous text because I didn't know what to say but what if he was double texting me?

Stacey: You guys free tonight?

Andrea: Yes

Abby: Yes

My heart rate went back to normal once I realized that it was just my friends. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

Me: Yes, but after dinner. Ace and his dad are coming over.