37 | Wanna Play?

I am so stupid

I am so stupid.

Why did I pull away?

I realized I was in too deep and I got overwhelmed. I didn't want her to believe I was into this "friends with benefits" thing we had going on right now. I wanted to be with her. Like exclusively.

I just needed to figure out what she wanted.

I mean I could always ask but what if she didn't feel the same? I don't think I could afford to not have her in my life at the moment.

"Who's the biggest simp in our group?" Drake asked, taking a sip of his beer and staring directly at me.

My friends and I were hanging out at their apartment and we were playing a drinking game. Basically "who's more likely to."

"Obviously Jameson," Evelyn snickered.

"Hey I didn't count down yet," Drake chuckled. "3, 2, 1, point."

Everyone's fingers pointed at me and I just slumped in my chair in defeat. There was no point in arguing, I was the biggest simp in the group. Everyone already knew that.

"Guys I think it's sweet," Nadia piped up, giving me a flirtatious smile that would usually have me on my knees.

I silently cheered as I felt nothing when I saw her smile.

It was nothing compared to someone else's...

"He appears to be this badass bad boy but in reality, he's the complete opposite," Andre smirked.

"Hey, don't judge a book by its cover," I shrugged, taking a sip of my own beer. I hadn't drank in a while but I hadn't seen my friends in a long time. I decided to splurge a little.

"No one except Brooklyn," Drake teased, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Okay, next question," Nadia said, glaring at Drake.

"I gotta go home now. My mom's expecting me soon and I have something to talk to her about," I said, standing up from my seat on the couch. I hadn't even finished my beer so I knew I was more than capable of driving. I planned it that way.

"Aww we miss you, Jameson," Evelyn pouted. "Come around more often. I know someone especially misses you a little extra."

Nadia elbowed her before turning to me and smiling. "Yeah you should hang out with us more."

I nodded. "I'll text you guys later."

Once I got home, I was both excited and nervous. I was going to ask my mom if I could go on the New York trip with Brooklyn for her birthday. I was excited because I would be spending a whole week with her and I've always wanted to go to New York.

I was nervous because I didn't want my mom to say no and also I didn't know if I could afford to go on that trip.

I knew it would be an all expenses paid trip, but I wouldn't be working for a whole week and I didn't know if we could afford that.