49 | Confusion

I was disappointed when I saw Bridgette sitting at our lunch table again the next day

I was disappointed when I saw Bridgette sitting at our lunch table again the next day. Why couldn't she just sit with her friends?

I smiled when I realized that I didn't have to keep my relationship with Jameson private anymore. He was surprising chill about not being private anymore.

"Hey guys," I greeted them, sliding in the seat between Abby and Jameson. Bridgette sat on Jameson's other side and I made sure she was watching before I placed a kiss onto his cheek.

Her jaw dropped slightly before quickly recovering and putting on a face of indifference. I smiled victoriously.

Jameson smiled at me as I scooted closer to him.

"How were your morning classes?" He asked, rubbing my thigh under the table.

"Boring," I sighed. "You?"

"Same."

Jameson had met up with me at my locker this morning with the rest of my friends and he even walked me to class, causing him to be late to his first class which he never was. We walked hand in hand and I couldn't help but notice all the heads turn to watch us. I was used to it by now but I knew Jameson wasn't. His expression didn't even flinch when I looked up at him but I could tell he was trying his best to ignore everyone's stares.

I looked slightly past him at a frowning Bridgette. She was watching Jameson's hand on my leg, unimpressed.

"Omigod, you guys are public now?" Stacey asked, watching the exchange between us.

I nodded, grinning proudly. "Yeah, we don't care if people know we're dating now."

I made sure to emphasize the words so that Bridgette couldn't take it the wrong way.

He was my boyfriend, so back off please.

I wished I could say all my thoughts to her but I didn't want to start any drama especially since she was on my cheerleading squad.

Football season was over by now so we didn't have to cheer as much but she still practiced almost everyday. The basketball team needed cheerleaders too but not as many people watched their games so we didn't try that hard.

"Oh Jameson, you should tell them the funny thing you said in class today," Bridgette giggled, slightly touching Jameson's arm.

I felt a rage of fury run through me at that small gesture.

Back the fuck off.