9 | I'm Just Excited to Get Wasted

Jamie: I'll be there in 5 minutes

I felt my body heat up as I stared at the notification that appeared on my phone.

What was happening to me?

Was I getting sick?

Me: Okay, see you soon :)

I quickly pressed "send" and quickly tossed my phone to the edge of the couch. I really wasn't in the mood to study today but I was not going to lie, I was kinda looking forward to talking to Jameson.

After he acted weird in class, I hoped he would actually talk to me when we were alone at my house. I had already told my parents that a guy from school was coming to work on a project and they were excited to meet him.

I think they were just excited I was interacting with a guy that wasn't Hayes. They were never really fond of him, even though they didn't know about him cheating.

"Mr. Jameson is pulling up," Oliver's voice sounded over the intercom. I heard the footsteps of my parents coming down the stairs.

"Guys please don't embarrass me," I warned my parents, standing by the front door with my hand on the door handle.

"Never!!" Dad said, waving me off. Mom nodded in agreement and gestured me to open the door.

"Hurry! Don't wanna keep the poor kid waiting."

I sighed before opening the door. Jameson was almost up the steps that led to my front door. He lifted his head and his eyes met mine, a small smile forming on his face.

I found a smile also forming on my face as I stared at him. I probably looked so creepy right now.

"Hey," he greeted once he got to the front door. I opened the door wider for him so he could walk inside, closing the door behind me.

"Hey," I said, "this is my mom and dad. This is-"

"Jameson Knight?" Dad asked, cutting me off.

"Mr. Thorne?" Jameson asked, confusion evident in his face.

"You guys know each other?" Mom asked, equally as confused as everyone else. What is going on?

"This is Jameson Knight. One of the best employees at our hotel's restaurant. Marcel told me about this kid and said I had to come in to meet him," Dad explained.

My mom and dad owned a chain of hotels called Thorne Manors all over the country and the one in our city had a huge restaurant attached to it. Marcel was the manager of that restaurant and he was best friends with my dad. My mom was more in charge of the design and marketing side of our hotels and my dad handled everything else. Our hotel chains were basically on the same level as Hilton.

"You work for my dad?" I asked Jameson.

"I guess so. I didn't know you guys were related," Jameson responded. "Although now that I think about it, you guys have the same last name."