6 | High Movie Night

"Hey, Abby right?" I asked, jogging up to the redhead girl that was always hanging around Jameson

I felt bad for being mean and bullying her in freshmen year with the rest of my friends and I wanted to apologize since her friend had been so nice to me.

For some reason, I didn't want Jameson thinking I was a bad person.

"Uhh... yeah?" She looked at me, confusion and fear evident on her face. She was probably wondering why I was talking to her. I didn't blame her for that because I haven't talked to her in years.

"Hey I just wanted to apologize about freshman year. I was immature and insecure and I shouldn't have taken it out on you," I explained. "Please forgive me?"

Abby nodded her head and offered me a small smile. She was always super nice and I felt bad for being mean to her at some point. "Yeah sure."

"Okay! Great! There's this party this weekend at Hayden's place," I told her, excitedly. "You should come and bring Jameson too!"

She nodded her head excitedly. "Okay! I'll let him know!"

"Great! See you around!" I exclaimed, waving a hand to her before walking into the cafeteria for lunch.

"What did she want?" The familiar deep voice of Jameson asked once I left. He probably just arrived.

"We've been invited to a party!"

I checked my phone quickly along the way to the cafeteria and I realized that I had 6 unread text messages from Hayes.

Hayes: Hey, can we talk please?

Hayes: I'm so sorry.

Hayes: Please give me a chance to explain.

Hayes: I love you, you know that.

Hayes: It meant nothing to me.

Hayes: Please talk to me.

I rolled my eyes at his persistence. If he had really cared this much, he wouldn't have cheated on me. I kept telling myself that because if I didn't, I would've forgiven him by now.

"Hey Brooke! Are you okay? Your eyes are kinda puffy," Andrea asked, giving me a worried look as I slid into the seat next to her.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired," I lied, giving her a tight lipped smile.

"Hayes was here earlier. He said he wanted to talk to you," Stacey informed me. She also looked worried for me too.

I felt guilty keeping this information from them and I figured what harm could it do? They would help convince me to not go back with Hayes so I decided it was dumb to keep it from them.

I knew I didn't want to get back with Hayes anymore. I had made up my mind this morning.

"Well I kinda caught him cheating on me again. With Jade," I said, biting my lip. They were probably gonna be way more mad than me.