47 | Secret

"So I heard you and Jameson made up," Abby approached me at school in the morning

"So I heard you and Jameson made up," Abby approached me at school in the morning. Andrea had a counselor meeting this morning so she couldn't meet up with us and Stacey was hooking up with some random football player.

How she was able to do that at 8 in the morning, I will never understand.

"Yeah we did. Things have been great ever since," I sighed happily at the thought of my boyfriend.

"Yeah I've never seen him turn his life completely around like this before," Abby laughed. "Andre and Drake have been teasing him that he's changing for you."

"Is he really changing that much?" I asked, frowning slightly. I would hate to know that he was changing because of me. I wanted him to be himself.

"Well, yes and no. Yes in the sense that he's never really had motivation to be better and think about his future," Abby explained. "Don't worry, it's for the better. He still has the same values and morals though so he hasn't changed in that sense."

I nodded, trying to comprehend her words. I hoped he was changing for himself because he wanted to and not because I was forcing him.

"Hey guys," a voice greeted us.

My heart fluttered at the sound.

"Jameson, what are you doing here? You never meet up with us before school," Abby asked, smirking knowingly at me.

I smiled at that. This was the first time he was meeting up with us before class.

"I got here early so I thought I'd just drop by and say hi," Jameson shrugged, stepping closer to me before stopping himself.

Last night, we were talking on the phone and we decided that we both wanted to keep our relationship private at school. Jameson didn't want all the extra attention that would be drawn to him if he publicly started dating me and I didn't want all the drama that would go down with Hayes. I knew he would make a big deal out of it if he found out.

Abby struck up conversation with Jameson and I watched as they were talking animatedly with each other. I couldn't shake the feeling that he was forcing himself to change.

The bell rang a few seconds later and Abby and I started heading to class. Jameson's class was at the opposite end of school so he had to rush over.

"No goodbye kiss?" Abby teased as we walked towards our next class. We had art together first period.

"We agreed on keeping things private at school," I explained, clutching my bag strap closer to my body. Why was I so on edge today?