38 | Whipped

"Ugh! I hate finals week!" Stacey groaned

"Ugh! I hate finals week!" Stacey groaned. We were all walking into school together because we decided to pick up some coffee early in the morning.

"You just hate school and studying in general," Andrea snickered.

"I like finals week because that means break right after," I said, trying to make Stacey feel better. "Besides today's the last day of tests."

There was something to look forward to after all the stress and madness was over.

"I know and I'm feeling the slump," Stacey complained, sipping her hot coffee.

It was starting to get colder now that Winter had begun. I really didn't enjoy the cold weather much but it reminded me of my birthday and the holiday season so I was excited for it.

"Just think about New York," Andrea brought up. "Speaking of, I thought of the perfect gift for you, Brooke."

"Me too!" Stacey exclaimed. "You're the hardest person to shop for so I'm glad I thought of this."

"Do I get any hints?" I asked. I loved surprises but I loved getting hints because I wanted to guess what they got me.

I know that wasn't the point of surprises but I didn't really care.

"No," they both responded in unison.

"Where's Abby?" Andrea asked once we reached my locker. We had all started sharing my locker because it was the closest to all our classes.

We would all meet up there in the mornings before school started and usually Abby would be here.

Jameson always got to school pretty late so he rarely ever met up with us here. I really didn't get to see him until lunch.

We hadn't done much the night he came over to my house. We mostly just flirted and made out a little but that was about it.

I had a little inkling that he was holding back for some reason and I wanted to figure out why.

"She might be late. I'm getting worried," Stacey responded, checking her phone to see if there were any texts from Abby.

"Let's text her and see what's up," I suggested, taking out my own phone. We all texted her asking where she was. She was usually the earliest to school so it was a surprise that she wasn't here yet.

"Anyways, what are the room arrangements for the hotel?" Andrea asked, smirking at me. She knew that Jameson would either have to share a room with me or Jonah because he was the only other guy going.

Andrea didn't mind not sharing a room with Jonah but she made it very clear that she wanted to.

"Stacey and Abby, you and Jonah, Jameson and me," I responded, rolling my eyes at her. "Unless anyone is uncomfortable."

"I guess you'll just have to make sure with Jameson," Stacey teased, poking me in my side.

"Whatever guys," I replied, "See you guys after school. We gotta celebrate the end of finals somehow."