40 | Who's The Better Kisser?

"So I heard you met Jameson's childhood stalker yesterday," Abby remarked, grinning widely at me

"Stalker?" I was confused.

"Yeah Sydney. Jameson told me you guys ran into her yesterday," Abby replied, washing her hands under the running water. "She's kind of psycho."

We were all out to this cute brunch place in the city. Abby and I had to use the bathroom so we left the others to order for us.

"Oh yeah. She definitely seemed interested in him still," I told her, wanting to get a little more information on their dynamic.

"I'm not surprised. She believed they were dating back when we were 8. Jameson was oblivious about all this until I told him but then she moved away so we didn't have to deal with her anymore," Abby explained. "I thought she would've grown out of it by now but I guess nothing has changed."

"She looks like Nadia," I pointed out, giving her a look.

We exited the bathroom and walked towards our table that was by the windows. This brunch place had the cutest decor. There were flowers and plants scattered everywhere. It was very colorful and green.

Plus, they had bottomless mimosas!

"She kinda does, doesn't she?" Abby mused. She looked like she never put two and two together before. "Maybe it's just the hair."

Was I the only one who noticed this?

"You guys are finally back!" Stacey exclaimed. "We ordered everything already and the food should be out soon."

"Thanks guys," I smiled, sliding into my seat next to Jameson and Abby.

Jameson was looking down at his phone in his lap. He hadn't even looked up to acknowledge the fact that we were back yet. I could kind of see his screen and I watched as 3 notifications popped up seconds after each other.

Sydney.

Huh, I wondered what they were talking about.

Abby said she was basically a psycho stalker when they were younger so why was Jameson even entertaining that behavior right now?

Stacey's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as Jameson shoved his phone back into his pocket. "So Brooklyn, are you excited for your birthday tomorrow?" Stacey asked, smiling widely at me.

"Yeah! I'm so excited to be spending it with all of you guys," I gushed, looking around the table at all of my friends. My heart swelled at the fact that everyone I loved and cherished were here.

The only ones missing were my family.

We had all planned on going clubbing tonight so that we could be drunk and dancing as the clock struck midnight for my birthday. For my actual birthday, we planned on going iceskating at the Rochester tree which was already put up and then going to a nice fancy dinner at night.