25 | He Lied

I couldn't stop thinking about it

It consumed my mind. Everything I did or saw reminded me of Jameson and our time together at the club. I couldn't even concentrate on finishing my homework because my mind would always drift towards the memory of him.

Which is why I found myself at the Corner Cafe. I knew coming back here would bring up some memories of Jameson in the alleyway but I had to get out of the house if I wanted to accomplish anything.

"Holy shit. I never thought you'd ever come back," Miley's eyes widened once she saw me walk up to the cash register.

I giggled slightly. "I've just been a little busy lately. It's nice seeing you though."

"I missed you. You want the usual?" She asked, smiling widely. It was honestly so nice to see her again. We mostly only talked while I was ordering my drink here but I could tell she was a good person.

I nodded. "You know it."

Once I paid and got my drink, I walked over to my usual table that was facing the window that displayed the street outside.

I missed this.

I felt my phone buzz with a notification.

Stacey: Guys! Hayden Carter is dating Chloe Martinez now. As in girlfriend. Can you believe that?

I rolled my eyes before turning on "do not disturb" on my phone. Don't get me wrong, I loved my friends and listening to the drama about people from school but I had to get work done and I couldn't have any distractions at the moment.

Everyone knew Hayden was one of the biggest players at school. He was friends with Hayes after all. It was surprising that he finally decided to settle down with a girl but I'm not surprised that girl was Chloe Martinez.

She was in my cheerleading squad but I didn't talk to her much. She had her own little group of friends within the squad. I knew she was good at cheerleading but other than that, everything I heard about her was from word of mouth.

Most people thought she was a stuck up bitch and I never got around to fact checking it myself. What they said had to be somewhat true though right?

I glanced out the window, trying to think of what to write for my literature essay. I wished I hadn't done that because the most shocking scene was unfolding right before my eyes. I froze in my seat, not knowing what to do.

Ace and his ex girlfriend.

They were walking side by side down the sidewalk, laughing and chatting like they were old friends. They looked at each other like they were still in love and that broke my heart. They were walking towards the door of the cafe.

I hope they weren't coming in here.

I could feel my palms start to get sweaty at that thought. I let out a sigh of relief when they walked past the door.