48 | Happy

I was excited for work to be over because I would be able to see Brooklyn

I was excited for work to be over because I would be able to see Brooklyn. It was the second day back at school and I had already made a new friend, something I never thought would happen.

I know I sound lame.

We decided to meet up at the park so we could walk around in the dark which was a new thing we liked to do. I loved finding new things that we could share with each other. We didn't have the most in common as far as interests go so this was something special.

I spotted her waiting for me on the swings, kicking her legs slightly back and forth. The sight of her made my heart beat faster. I hoped that would stop soon but I doubt it ever would.

We were the only ones there and I liked the privacy. The darkness enveloped us and owls hooting could be heard in the distance.

Peace was all I could feel.

"Hey," I took a seat on the swing next to her.

She turned to me and smiled softly. There was a hint of sadness behind it.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, worried.

She shook her head before opening her mouth and shutting it quickly. She looked hesitant as she sat in silence even though I could tell her head was swirling with thoughts.

"Actually, there was something," she spoke up. I snapped my head back towards her to give her my full attention. "I don't want us to be a secret anymore at school."

I sat there silently as I digested her words. A part of me felt relieved that she came to this conclusion. She had brought up the conversation of keeping our relationship private at school and I agreed because I wanted her to be happy and didn't want to push her to do something she was uncomfortable with. I couldn't care less if people knew about us though.

I never really cared about anyone else's opinions.

"Okay," I nodded, reaching over to grab her hand. I squeezed it for reassurance.

She looked surprised at my answer which I didn't understand. Why would I want to us keep us a secret?

Every day at school, I had to listen to all the guys in our grade and even other grades rave about how hot she was and how they all wanted her in their beds. It honestly disgusted me how they talked about a woman like that but I couldn't even defend her properly.

Her dumbass ex boyfriend even talks about how he's planning on getting back together with her even though he has a girlfriend right now. The girl he cheated on Brooklyn with, I believe.