45 | Closure

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks," Ace greeted me once I arrived at work

"That's because we haven't been scheduled together in weeks. Plus, I went away for a week to New York," I chuckled, clocking in on the back computer.

"Oh shit I forgot. How was that?" Ace asked, wiping down the counter. It wasn't that busy right now because it was the time between lunch and dinner.

Ace and I had gotten pretty close at work before I went on the New York trip. He would always tell me stuff about his ex and ask for my advice on everything.

I didn't necessarily know if my advice was the best but everything had been going well for him so far so it couldn't be that bad.

"It was really fun. My first time traveling out of this state," I laughed.

"I bet the Thorne Manors hotel there was so much better than here," Ace grinned. I had told him about how I liked Brooklyn before the trip and he was supportive of everything.

Although I knew he had a thing for her before, he was fully focusing on his ex now because he realized that he still loved her and wanted her back.

"It was bigger," I shrugged, not knowing what else to say. The hotels had similar interior designs but the one in New York was so much bigger and had a lot more restaurants and stores. The hotel here was smaller because it was located in a small town.

There probably wouldn't even a hotel here if this wasn't Brooklyn and her family's home town. Good thing there was a big city an hour away so the hotel was always busy for tourists who wanted to visit the city.

"So how's everything with Brooklyn?" Ace asked casually. I looked at him to gauge his emotions about the topic but he had a look of indifference. I guess he was over her now so it wouldn't be awkward talking about it.

"It's been good. There was one thing though," I decided to bring up. Usually, Ace would be the one doing all the talking about his relationship issues but I figured he could have some insight on my dilemma.

I told him about everything that went down with Nadia and Brooklyn. I even told him about the ultimatum that Brooklyn gave me and the dilemma that followed.

"Hmm seems like a predicament," Ace mused. "I mean if your friends were truly your friends, they wouldn't just ditch you because of choosing your girlfriend over your ex. Speaking from experience, putting your girlfriend and her feelings first over your ex's feelings will be better in the long run. It's not like you want to be friends with your ex still, right?"