20 | Truth or Dare

"There's a party tonight at Hayes's house! We should go," Stacey announced to us during lunch

"I don't really wanna go to Hayes's party. He's still trying to get back together with me," I groaned, finishing up the salad that I had packed for lunch. The lunch room was busy as usual and we were sitting at our usual table.

"Isn't he dating Jade now?" Andrea asked, not looking up from her phone. She was probably texting Jonah. She hadn't even touched her food yet.

"Yeah and she's going to be at the party so there's no way he'll try anything with Brooke," Stacey replied, taking a bite out of Andrea's salad that was untouched.

"I don't think I can make it guys," Abby spoke up. "I have work tonight."

"That's okay, you can come next time," Stacey reassured. Abby wasn't the party type anyways. She hated drinking and sweaty, drunk people so I doubt she would've wanted to come even if she didn't have work.

"Where's Jameson?" I asked suddenly. He wasn't sitting with us at lunch and I hadn't seen him in math yesterday either. I wondered if he was sick or something.

Then again, I doubt he would've sat with us at lunch because after we finished our project, I'm pretty sure we basically had no reason to talk to each other besides having Abby as a mutual friend.

I guess he was taking that pretty seriously.

"I'm not sure," Abby said, averting her eyes from our gaze. Oh, she definitely knew something and wasn't telling us.

I would find out eventually.

"So are we going to the party, guys?" Stacey asked, sounding slightly impatient. She didn't like going to parties alone so she always wanted us to go with her.

"I'm down," Andrea said, finally looking up from her phone to take the first bite of her salad.

"I guess I'm down too," I sighed, feeling sad that I was part of the minority. I usually loved partying but for some reason, I haven't been feeling it lately.

"Where's your boo?" Stacey asked, directing her question to Andrea.

"He's at a Mathletes meeting," she responded, looking slightly dazed at the thought of Jonah.

I wanna be that in love.

***

"Oh shit is that Ace?" I asked, squinting my eyes a little so I can see the guy that entered through the door more clearly.

Yup, I was drunk.

Stacey wanted me to match shots with her and that girl is a tank. It takes a lot to get her drunk while I was the complete opposite.

"Omigod Ace?! The guy you went on a date with?" Stacey exclaimed, a little too loudly might I add. "You still never introduced us."

Ace had snapped his head towards us at the mention of his name and his small smile turned into a huge grin once he saw me. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the way he was looking at me. I had to admit it was nice having a guy genuinely like me for once.