18 | Time to Get Over Him

I didn't think I would be that hurt seeing him with her

I didn't think I would be that hurt seeing him with her. She was in his arms and he looked so happy to be there with her.

Kissing her.

Holding her.

Dancing with her.

I wondered why I wasn't good enough. Is it because I didn't meet or notice him earlier? She had gotten to him first and he was already in too deep by the time I had met him.

I finally decided it was time to fully move on. He belonged to someone else and I shouldn't have this false hope that he would eventually break up with her to be with me.

I was no home wrecker and I had to move on. After the project, I wouldn't have to really talk to him or hang out with him again. The project was due in a few weeks but we were almost done already.

"Brooke, you okay?" Andrea asked as I rushed past her. She was with Jonah, the boy she was crushing on. I'm actually surprised he was here considering I had never seen him at a party before.

"Yeah I'm fine," I brushed off, trying to hide the tears that were fighting to come out. "I just need to go to the bathroom."

Andrea looked like she didn't quite believe me but she didn't push any further which I appreciated.

After reaching the bathroom, I splashed some water on my face to cool down. I looked in the mirror and frowned at the reflection that stared back at me.

I was usually super confident in myself but the girl in the mirror didn't have the same confidence that she once had. I took out my purse and quickly fixed my makeup and hair and looked in the mirror once again, doing my best to put on a fake smile.

The girl looking back at me seemed to look a bit better after I fixed my makeup and hair. There should be no reason to cry over a boy that was never mine.

It was finally time to officially get over Jameson.

After exiting the bathroom I ran into a hard body, causing me stumble backwards. Some firm hands gripped my waist.

"Sorry," I muttered, looking up. I closed my eyes and sighed once I saw the person in front of me. I didn't want to deal with him right now.

"Did you come with Jameson and his gang member friends?" Hayes asked, his hands still on my waist. He looked slightly irritated at me for some reason.

"Yeah what's the problem? And they're not gang members," I snorted. They were far from gang members. They were basically just stoners. My mind wondered to that night in the alley way for a second where they were all beating up that one guy. I quickly shook my head to forget it.

Guys fought all the time right?

"They're dangerous, Brooke," Hayes said, his eyes softening at he continued to look at me.