36 | I Bet You Take All Your Girlfriends Here

"Goodmorning honey, how was the dance last night?" Mom asked

"Goodmorning honey, how was the dance last night?" Mom asked. She already had a cup of tea made for me which I appreciated.

"It was really fun!" I told her honestly. That was one of my best experiences at a school dance that I've had so far.

"So are you and Jameson dating now?" Mom asked, winking at me.

"No, Mom. I really like him though," I confessed. My parents had stopped asking me about Ace now because they realized they weren't going to be getting any answers out of me. I think they could tell that I liked Jameson now too so they stopped pushing Ace and me.

"Your Dad will be sad to hear that but he'll get over it," Mom teased. "I could tell you really like him. Your eyes light up whenever you see him and I can tell you feel something different for him than you did with Hayes or even Ace."

"I just hope he likes me as much as I like him," I replied, sipping my cup of tea.

"Everyone loves you, Brookie. You don't have to worry about that," Mom assured me. Of course she had to say that though, she was my mom. "Oh also, your birthday is coming up and your dad and I wanted to surprise you with an all expenses paid trip for your friends during winter break!"

"Omigod what??" I gasped, genuinely shocked by what she said. Usually they'd give me the most expensive thing I've been wanting but they've never offered a free trip for me before. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

I jumped up from my spot at the kitchen island and rushed over to her. I threw my arms around her in a tight embrace.

She chuckled and hugged me back. "Go text your dad. He's going to kill me for telling you without him."

I shot my dad a quick thank you text before excitedly texting all my friends to make sure they were free during winter break.

"How many people can I invite?" I asked my mom. I already knew the main people who I wanted there but I wanted to see if I could invite others as well.

"As many as you want and it'll be a week long trip," Mom told me. "Let us know where you wanna go so we can book flights and everything."

Obviously, I already knew my decision. I had always wanted to go to New York! Although my family and I traveled a lot, I had never actually been to New York before. We mostly went out of the country to check on our hotels there. Luckily, I knew we had a hotel in New York that we could stay in.

"New York!" I answered quickly, growing extremely excited. This was the best gift I could've ever received.

"We knew you were gonna say that," Mom chuckled. "I'll let your father know."

My phone buzzed in that moment and I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

Dad: She told you without me?!?

I chuckled at his response. He loved being included in things so this must have killed him inside a little. I knew Mom couldn't keep this a secret for long because she loved surprising people but always told them way earlier than she needed to.