27 | I Don't Deserve You

Ace: Hey, is everything okay? You haven't been responding lately

Ace: Hey, is everything okay? You haven't been responding lately. Did I do something wrong?

I sighed, turning off my phone and ignoring the message. Ace has been periodically messaging me to plan our next hang out but I just wasn't in the mood anymore. He had lied to me about hanging out with his ex so I haven't been humoring him with responses.

I knew I would eventually need to talk to him about everything but I was trying to push back the inevitable.

"Holy shit! Hayes Bishop and Jameson Knight are fighting in the quad!" A random voice exclaimed.

School hadn't started yet so everyone was lingering in the halls or outside by the quad. Usually my friends and I just stayed by one of our lockers until class started.

Andrea, Stacey, and I looked each other with widened eyes. Did we hear him correctly?

We all followed the crowd of people who were rushing towards the quad to watch the fight. As we got closer, I noticed a ring of people standing in the quad. Some people had their phones out recording everything while others just watched with excitement evident in their eyes.

What was so entertaining about fights anyways? I hated them.

"You don't deserve her! Stay the fuck away from her, you thug!" Hayes shouted. As we got closer,  I could hear punches being thrown and Hayes yelling at Jameson while Jameson just stayed quiet.

We pushed our way to the front of the crowd and the view in front of me made me want to throw up. Jameson was on top on Hayes, throwing punches at his face while Hayes had his arms up, shielding his face.

I had no idea why they were fighting because I don't think I've ever seen Hayes and Jameson interact at all before.

Where was this coming from?

Hayes tried pushing Jameson off of him and successfully did so. I gasped as I watched Jameson fall backwards. Hayes quickly took that opportunity to stand up, a harsh glare on his face directed at Jameson. Jameson quickly pushed himself up too, rubbing on his bloodied knuckles.

Jameson's eyes flickered towards my direction for a split second and I had to convince myself that he actually saw me. His eyes softened when he saw how scared I probably looked and Hayes took that opportunity to land a punch on Jameson's face.

I gasped, my hand flew to my mouth as I watched Jameson's face scrunch up in pain.

"Jameson!" I shouted, running towards the middle where they were standing.

"Brooklyn?" Hayes asked, sounding surprised to see me. "You shouldn't be here."

"Leave him alone Hayes," I spat out, glaring at Hayes. My hand clutched onto Jameson's strong arm.

"He's the one that started punching me first!" Hayes protested, looking bewildered. "Why are you defending him? He's literally a criminal."

I rolled my eyes at Hayes' behavior. "Get a life and stop trying to meddle in mine."

The Light to My DarknessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara