34 | Did I Hear That Right?!

"And that's a wrap on chapter 10," Mr

"And that's a wrap on chapter 10," Mr. Robinson announced today in class, pacing the front of the classroom like he always did. "Chapter 11 will begin tomorrow. Brooklyn and Jameson, I hope you are ready to present."

Shit, time had passed by so fast that I hadn't even realized it was time for our math presentation yet. We hadn't worked on it much since we finished but I knew we had to work out all the kinks before we had to present tomorrow.

I had never actually gone through my script on what I was going to say so I definitely had to practice a lot tonight.

There goes my plan for vegetating in bed watching Netflix tonight.

"Did you wanna go over our presentation tonight?" I asked Jameson as we were packing up our stuff. It was the end of class now and everyone was rushing out the door already so I wanted to catch him before he left.

"Yeah sure I'll text you," Jameson responded, giving me a nod before exiting the classroom.

I watched his retreating back in slight disappointment.

After the weekend, things felt different between us. It's like he was more open in private but in public like at school, he went back to his old quiet self. I wanted to help him get out of his shell but a part of me wondered if that's just how he was.

I wondered if he's always been like that.

He seemed to only talk to Abby and me at school. Of course he had his other friends like Drake and Andre but other then that, I never seen him interacting with anyone else.

"Abby's been worried about Andre and Evelyn after what Evelyn said at the mall the other day," Stacey told us during cheerleading practice. We were all doing our stretches at the beginning of practice like we always did. We had to stress our muscles before we could actually start practicing our routines.

"She has nothing to be worried about. Evelyn was probably talking shit just like Nadia," Andrea rolled her eyes, reaching down for her toes as she stretched her hamstrings.

"Evelyn seemed pretty serious about the 'where he sleeps at night' thing though," I pointed out. Even I was surprised when she had mentioned that at the mall.

"I think she should talk to him about it," Andrea sighed, clearly irritated at Andre for giving mixed signals to our friend.

"That's what I've been telling her!" Stacey said, taking out her phone to text. Usually I'd yell at whoever was using their phone during practice but since it was Stacey, I didn't say anything. "I texted her in the group chat to ask to hang so we can all talk about it together."

"You guys don't think what Nadia said about Jameson was true right?" I asked. I pursed my lips, a habit of mine that I did when I was nervous. I knew I was probably sounding insecure right now but I couldn't help it. A part of me thinks Jameson isn't fully over her.