24 | There's Your Girl

18+ 👀

She looked gorgeous

She looked gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at her from across the club. She had on the tightest mini black dress that accentuated all her curves in the right places. Her face was beautiful and it seemed to glow despite the dark ambience of the club.

I've been avoiding her for over a week now.

Well, I've been avoiding all of them except Abby, Drake, and Andre.

They were the only ones who I felt wouldn't judge me for what I've been doing the past week.

I had been wallowing in my sorrows after finding out Nadia had cheated on me. She had been texting and calling me non stop that I had to eventually block her number. She even tried to contact me through Drake and Andre but they weren't having it and told her to just leave me alone.

I didn't remember a single moment where I was sober for the past few days which is probably why I didn't notice the moment where I was over Nadia. I think I was more hurt that someone I was close to for so long was no longer in my life.

I was more sad about losing a friend than a girlfriend because she was someone that I would talk to about my problems and thoughts. She always listened and never judged me and now all that was gone so I felt like a part of me was empty.

She was like a constant in my life that represented some sort of stability and now I felt like my world had been thrown in for a loop.

I hadn't been paying much attention at school or work. I've just been going through the motions, letting life pass me by.

Mom had definitely noticed my change in mood but she didn't ask me too many questions about it. The look of sheer disappoint on her face when I came home high for the 7th day in a row was enough for me to snap out of my daze and try to get my life back on track. I didn't want to end up like my father.

I had promised Andre and Drake that I would go to the club with them but after tonight, I was going to really try to take life seriously again. Drake was going through a weird thing with Brooklyn's friend, Stacey. I didn't ask too many questions.

He mentioned something about hooking up with a random girl he met at a bar but immediately regretting it after and Stacey somehow found out and wasn't talking to him anymore. He wanted to forget about her by going to the club but I felt like he should just try talking to her.

Andre also had a huge fight with Evelyn so he came along too. I was just here to support some of my best friends who had been with me the entire time I was "grieving". We had pregamed before coming to the club because drinks were fucking expensive here so I was pretty tipsy before we even entered the building.

"There's your girl," Andre smirked, nodding towards Brooklyn. She was at the bar with Abby talking to a group of guys.

"She's not my girl," I denied with my jaw clenched. I didn't like the way they were looking at her and how she was laughing at everything they were saying.