39 | New York

"I can't believe we're actually going to New York!" Stacey squealed

We were all currently at the airport waiting at our gate. I don't think it had actually hit until now that we were going to New York. I had been waiting for so long for this trip and now that it was actually here, I felt overwhelmed.

There was 20 minutes until we had to board but we decided to come extra early in case anything happened.

"I can't believe Jameson is actually here," Abby added. "I swear I've never seen him take a vacation before."

"Hey, I've taken breaks before," Jameson spoke up, trying to defend himself from Abby's accusations.

"Sure you have," Abby snorted.

Jameson muttered something under his breath but didn't say anything more. I giggled at his response because Abby was clearly right. He probably never took a vacation before and I was glad his first one would be with me.

"So you've never actually taken a vacation before?" I whispered to Jameson who sat to my right. He had on a pair of grey sweatpants with a black hoodie. Even though he was wearing loungewear, he still looked super hot. I could see his arm tattoos poking out a little from under his sleeve. He was slumped in his seat on his phone.

"I've never had the opportunity or time really," he shrugged, not explaining it any further.

"Why not?" I pushed, wanting to learn more about his life.

"I've always had to work because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to help pay our bills," he explained, quietly. I was surprised he answered my question.

This was progress!

"Oh well I'm glad you're finally able to take one now. You deserve it," I assured him with a small smile.

"Thanks to your dad I don't have to worry about bills for a bit," he replied, smiling back at me. "So tell him thanks a million times for me."

"I'll do that," I giggled.

20 minutes passed by and it was finally time for us to board the plane.

Jameson and I followed our friends onto the plane. Our seats were pretty scattered on the plane. It was in groups of 2 and obviously, Andrea and Jonah were going to sit together. Abby and Stacey agreed to sit next to each other so that just left Jameson and I.

I wasn't complaining because it would be nice to spend more time with him alone.

When we finally found our seats on the plane, I smiled when I realized that Stacey and Abby were actually sitting two rows behind Jameson and me.

"Have you ever been on a plane before?" I asked Jameson once we finally got situated in our seats.

He shook his head. I could tell he was super nervous but didn't want to say anything. His clenched his fists slightly before unclenching them and clenching them again.