Chapter 12

He walked into the club and looked around, there weren't much people here, just a few regulars and Scarlett of course, she was standing at her usual spot at the bar counter.

He took long strides towards the counter but his eyes caught something else in his peripheral.
He turned and saw the main reason he was here in the first place.

Nate
He was sitting on the couch in the VIP boot, with his head down, even without seeing his face, Spade could recognize him very easily, that dark brownish hair is something he can't forget in a while.

He changed course of direction and walked towards the boot and stopped In front of it, looking down at Nate, the young man looked up and his lips parted slightly and he sat properly, Spade looked at his eyes, the same one he was moving constantly not letting it meet his gaze.

He looked around the boot and there was nothing on the table, it was completely empty, no drinks or anything.

With his hands tucked in his pockets he grunted "Follow me" without waiting for Nate, he turned around and walked away.

It took a good second before Nate got his senses back and he quickly scrambled up on his feet, fixing his suit, he followed Spade watching his broad back as he took long strides away from the boot.

He led them towards a flight of stairs, just straight up ahead away from the boot, they walked up a few flight of stairs before entering a hallway, long and a bit narrow.

Spade walked briskly while Nate followed closely, just enough not to lose him, he didn't wanna step on the man's shoe, or hide in his shadow.

They walked until they got to the end of the hall, and stopped in front of the last door, unlike the others along the hallway, this one looked more fancy, black door with golden stripes and a fancy lock.

Spade brought out a card key and slid it in the lock, hearing the click sound, the door creaked open and he walked in.

Nate watched his back and slowly followed him in, the place smelt like cigarettes and musty strong cologne.
Unlike his father's study, this was much bigger, and very much more lifeless.
You wouldn't need a soothsayer to know it belonged to Spade.
Everything on the inside was black, black couch, black Versace wallpapers, with the logo boldly pieced together by tiny other Versace logos, making the design look very scary and soul catching.

The chairs in front of the desk on both sides, were made of black leather, the window blinds were also black, making the whole room look like an endless array of blackness and emptiness.

Spade took off his jacket and placed it on the chair, he turned around facing Nate and relaxing his back on the table.

He watched him as Nate's eyes scanned the room, taking in every inch of the room.
Spade watched him, from his small built, to his dark brownish hair, and his very small, innocent, brown eyes and his very tiny lips, lips like a british man.
His very pale skin.
Sometimes he looked clueless and younger.
And other times, he looked afraid and lost.

Right now he looked almost surprised, amused, awed.
Spade was trying to read him but was finding it difficult, he couldn't just fathom what was going through his head at this moment.

Did he really come to apologise, just as he requested, or he came for a different reason.
Well it was time to find out.
He cleared his throat jogging Nate back to reality as his eyes landed on him, he swallowed, moving his eyes from Spade's face down to his body.

He was putting on a shirt but Nate could very well that he was perfectly built, with muscles in the right places, a few chest hair peeking out from the top two buttons undone in his shirt.
The sleeve of the shirt was folded up, leaving part of his arm out, covered in hair and a few veins bulging out.