Chapter 166

Spade was tense, the air in the car was somewhat awkward and intense, they were already on their way to the location where Nate was being kept, he knew he shouldn't be so reliant on his gut feeling but something inside him was telling him that no doubt Nate would be where they were headed.

All the other hints they'd gotten over the past few weeks have all led to dead ends but none gave him this strong belief inside.

They had taken two cars, he was riding with Matteo and Bernie, surprisingly Stefano had asked to ride with the other guy that was going with them, for some odd reason it felt weird that for the last hour Stefano had been with them, he hadn't tried to annoy Matteo as usual.

Spade could tell something was wrong, especially with the way Matteo had also gone completely silent and his mood somber since they set out on the drive.

He'd asked the blonde about it but he just said he was kind of nervous about where they were headed, but Spade knew he was lying, nothing ever fazed Matteo and he knew this mission they were on didn't faze the blonde like he claimed.

But Spade didn't want to poke his head around, he needed to focus on the mission, he wanted all the concentration he could muster up, this wasn't just any kind of mission, it was a rescue mission and it involved the man he was in love with, he knew it wouldn't be easy, given that Salvatore had external help from Vlad.

He turned to look at Matteo and the blonde seemed to be deep in thoughts, Spade couldn't be distracted at this moment, not when Nate's life was at stake.
Asides promising his sister that he'd bring Nate back, he also promised himself that he'd bring the young man back, it was more than just a promise to him, it was like a debt and rescuing Nate was the payment.

They'd gotten close to the location, he turned to look at Bernie, then at Matteo.
"We're almost there, gear up everyone" he roared out and they all nodded before they started, he pressed on the device in his ear
"Stefano, it's time" he muttered into it and it went static for a few seconds before Stefano's voice came along

"We're ready" the man told him before he parked his car first and then he picked up his gun, checking his body to be sure everything was in place, the knife on his leg hoister was there, the pistol on his right hoister was there, and the bullet proof vest he had on wasn't that heavy and it was also set, they all had one on.

He looked at them one more time "ready"? He asked and Matteo just nodded, cocking his pistol

"Ready when you are boss" Bernie muttered and he just nodded before he stepped out of the car, sighting Stefano and the other of his men walking towards him.

The man stopped in front of him, Matteo had walked around and stopped beside Spade, his eyes set on Stefano.
"You know the drill Stefano" Spade muttered and he just nodded before his eyes moved to the other man "you too Murphy" he muttered and the man also nodded

"Yes boss"

"You watch each other's six okay" he muttered before he turned to look at Bernie and Matteo "let's go" he muttered, leading the way from their car and towards the building

It really was abandoned, but the SUV was still parked out front, and there were no lights outside, the whole place was dark and deserted.

"Stefano, are you in position"? He asked pressing the device in his ear

"I'm in position, I don't think there's anyone here Spade, the whole place is quiet and it looks very deserted" Stefano said, and Spade looked around, but he was determined to go in, it might just be a ploy.

"Nico and Vince were sure people had been going in and out of these gates, we have to check it out" he muttered and the line went static again

"Fine, we'll just be up h.... Wait, I see someone, just close to the gates, in the bushes" Stefano rushed out, and this made Spade to look at the others