Chapter 83

Entering into the club, Nate's anxiety skyrocketed as his eyes darted around the room it was still very empty so he didn't know why he was this nervous, there was no one here to even stare at him or make him self conscious but he was still nervous.

He walked closer to Spade as he followed in his steps.
The place looked pretty much the same, the neon lights in the dance floor was moving round in circles, changing from one color of light to another.

They got close to the bar and he saw the young lady he always met at the counter, she was standing there, her eyes on him as she was dressed the same as always, she gave him a sweet soothing smile.
He quickly returned it with a small one of his own.

Spade was already a bit ahead of him as he rushed towards him, slowly turning back to look at the girl again, before focusing back on Spade's broad shoulders that flexed in front of him as he walked.

They followed the same stairs and dimly lit corridors, that led to Spade's office, the closer they got the more he felt his nerves eat at him.
A small voice almost mocking him in the back of his mind.

He shook his head to stop all negative thoughts, Spade stopped in front of his office, Nate could still remember the door, black with golden hinges, definitely Spade's style.
He brought out a key card and swiped it across the door, hearing the shush sound, it creaked open.

He walked in first and Nate followed cautiously, one step at a time as he stepped into the office, cold, dark and almost lifeless.
This office would have depicted what Spade was like, if not for the fact that the man had been showing him a different side of him lately, making him actually wonder if Spade wasn't always like this, like Matteo had said to him.

Everything in the office just like his house was black, just like he'd remembered it.
His mind went back to the first time he actually came here, apologising to Spade for something he didn't think he did, but now here he was, actually having Spade trying to make him feel safe enough to work for him, it felt like it was only just yesterday but a lot had happened since that time, a whole fucking lot.

He always came here because of his sister, but now he was here for himself, even though Spade had countlessly convinced him to come here, still he was here because he wanted to and not because he had to.

"Sit" Spade's velvety deep voice bounced off the walls of the office, sucking Nate's attention to him, as he looked at him, Spade gestured to the chair In front of his desk.

Nate let out a deep sigh before taking slow, cautious and calculated steps towards the chair, pulling it out slowly, he fixated himself on it, watching as Spade walked round the other side and took off his jacket, draping it over the headrest of the chair opposite Nate, he sat down slowly folding the sleeve of his white shirt.

Nate swallowed to moisturize his almost dried up throat, the way Spade's arms flexed when he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, it made his veins to buldge out, running along from his wrists deep inside his arm, getting lost in his shirt.

He shot up again from his chair, his eyes lighting up as if he remembered something
"Can I get you something, a little scotch maybe"? He asked walking towards the mini bar in his office, it looked just like Spade's father's, but quite expensive and exquisite.

Nate shook his head
"I don't really drink alcohol actually" he mumbled out, feeling his cheek heat up, Spade cocked his brows up in amusement as he slowly took his hands away from the bar

"So you've never taken alcohol before"? He asked and Nate shook his head quickly

"No, not that I've not taken at all, it's just.. it's been a while" he muttered remembering the last time he'd actually taken alcohol, it didn't end well, he was carrying a hangover all around school the next day