Chapter 68

After driving out of Spade's front gate, Matteo didn't say anything, and he was expecting Stefano to maintain the energy, leaving the car completely silent.

At first it was like that, and he couldn't be more grateful, but he was quick to conclude, a few minutes into the drive was when the trouble started.

"Do you think it's a good idea leaving them both together alone"? Stefano's overly cheerful voice reached Matteo's ears, and he didn't even make an effort to look at the man beside him, he clenched his jaw already regretting agreeing to drop him off at home
"I mean I don't know about you but even I could feel the tension between those two" he muttered taking a glance at Matteo, his eyes moved to his hands around the wheel and his knuckles had almost turned white with how tight he gripped the wheel.
Stefano could already imagine how strong Matteo was, he'd heard stories about him but he'd never seen him in action, the night the man trailed him, he'd hope they'd both get a chance at a fair fight, but more than wanting that, he couldn't risk it because Matteo was more ruthless than he looked, and Stefano wasn't sure he would just fight with him without leaving a mark on his body, he cherished his skin too much to let that happen.

"Can you just be quiet and let me drive you home" Matteo gritted out, his eyes still set on the road, he wasn't really in the mood to talk, especially not to Stefano.

"It's too quiet and too boring" he whined with his voice switching to a much tinier voice, Matteo sighed out shutting his eyes for a brief moment

"Well if you don't want me driving you, I can pull up and drop you off on the road, you'd be saving me a whole lot of trouble" he muttered but his voice held a hidden warning for Stefano as he scoffed before huffing and turning to look outside the car.

Matteo almost thanked God as he knew he'd sent his point to the man beside him.
Ever since he jumped and took him that night, then suddenly letting him go with information that he needed, Matteo had grown weary of him, especially when he asked for an invitation to Italy's special auction, it made Matteo question the man's motive.

He knew Spade had never really liked or trusted him, he wasn't really concerned before but now it was beginning to eat at him.
He hated owing someone and Stefano made it so that Matteo owed him.

Now he was trying to get out of it but the man was making it hard for him.
He felt like he fell into Stefano's trap and it was coming back to bite him in the ass, and the fact that he was keeping what happened between Stefano and him a secret from Spade was another huge problem on his mind
He never kept secrets from Spade, not once since he'd known him, and he knew Spade never kept secrets from him either.

He felt like he was betraying Spade and it was all Stefano's fault, hence the reason why everything the man did pissed him off to no end.

"Why are you so uptight Teo"? His annoying voice broke Matteo's thoughts as he gritted his teeth, resisting the urge to growl out angrily

"Don't call me Teo" he gritted out and Stefano just scrunched his brows as if he was confused

"But that's your name" he pressed making Matteo to groan out in frustration, he really didn't think it through when he agreed to drop Stefano off, he didn't know it would be this frustrating and annoying

"The name's Matteo and not Teo" he gritted out, he really wasn't fond of the shortening of his name

"But I like calling you Teo" Stefano mumbled, Matteo clenched his jaw tight, feeling his cells tick with anger and frustration.

Stefano was watching his every move and the fact that his words were getting to Matteo and riling him up was making him feel somewhat excited, he wanted to know just how far Matteo's patience could be stretched before he snapped