Chapter 78

The weekend flew right by like an eagle chasing it's prey, swift and quick.
If not for the fact that the clothes Nate wore out Saturday were still laying around on his bed, he would have thought Saturday evening was just a figment of his imagination or maybe a stupid dream he had

But the hoodie and black slacks was still on his bed, smelling like Spade's car, infact it smelled exactly like Spade.
He'd spent the whole weekend thinking about Spade, even when he wanted to do some work on the project he'd already started, all his mind could think about was Spade and Saturday night.

He wasn't gonna forget that night quite easily.
The look on Spade's face when he cheered the players, refreshing and alive.
The way he'd dressed way differently than Nate would ever expect, making him look ravishing, sexy and attractive.
His bad boy-CEO looks.

And the warm, fuzzy and out of this world feeling he left in Nate's stomach, it was more than a memo to Nate, because he had that flipping feeling in the pit of his stomach all weekend.

Another reason he couldn't stop thinking about Spade was the fact that he'd finally agreed to work for the man, even though he had no idea what he'd be doing for him, it was a huge risk on his path, but the words of reassurance from Spade about not giving him something he couldn't do was what made him relax.

Not that he trusted Spade, but for once he wanted to believe him, to go with his gut feeling and just let him take the reigns of control.
Trust for Nate was something he didn't just give out, a lot of people had broken his trust in the past, his father included and they all said the same thing, that he was too gullible and pathetic, that was why they were able to take his trust for granted.

He wanted to believe Spade was nothing like them but it was hard, considering the kind of person he was.
Pushing aside his looks and sudden niceness to him, there was still the part of Spade that lied, cheated and killed people.
He couldn't forget that.

And for that sole reason he didn't wanna let his guard down, not so quick.
His father wasn't even as dangerous as Spade but yet the man left a long lasting negative impact on him, and then there was the other person, the one who completely took everything from him
He didn't like thinking about him or the things he'd done to him, it was a bad memory he was trying so hard to forget and put behind him for good

He sighed out as he scanned through the rows of ties hanging from his closet, before stopping at a stripped white and maroon coloured tie, it matched his grey suit.

He didn't know why he suddenly picked that color, but something about it reminded him of Spade, his eye color in particular, it was the same shade as the suit.
He draped it around his neck and worked it out, before closing the door, he had already put on his shoes and wristwatch.

Fixing the tie, he moved a little to the right, facing the mirror hanging from the wall, looking himself over again.
It had been a while since he wore this suit, he looked different from his usual black or blue which he always wore.

His mind going back to Saturday night, he almost wanted to smile remembering how he looked that evening.
Not that he didn't wear casual clothes, but he only ever did when went grocery shopping, which only happens once in a long time, because whenever he went grocery shopping, he buys in bulk and large quantities, to avoid going back again

Another reason that made him dress casually was when his sister was still home, if he decided to go visit, he didn't always dress formal there, infact he only started dressing formal there since Spade showed up

Thinking about his sister almost pulled a frown to his face, he didn't want to be sad on a Monday Morning but he couldn't help the gloomy feeling that clouded his excitement, he missed her greatly.