Chapter 35

He groaned as he tried to raise his head up, it felt very heavy as he could barely lift it on his own.
His vision was hazy, everything looked and felt foggy like a huge cloud of dust and fog was covering his eyes.

His head kept lolling back and forth as he tried to keep it steady, the whole room was spinning, as if he was sitting on a ferris wheel and someone was pushing him, but this felt much more intense and worse, his head was heavy and light at the same time.

He kept narrowing and squinting his eyes trying to make out the silhouette in front of him but it was of no use because the more he tried, the more the image blurred and looked thin like a stripper's dancing pole.

He groaned and let his head fall forward, trying to move his hand up and rub his eyes, he couldn't, they felt like they'd been restrained, and they stung around the wrist area.

He shut his eyes countless times, blinking hard, before his vision started to clear and he could see white around his wrist, tho it still looked blurry, but at least now he could differentiate between white and the pitch black blur he'd been seeing since his eyes opened.

He managed to raise his head up again, the silhouette still looked blurry but it was no longer looking like a stripper's pole, he could see the head now, and the two arms and legs, but it was still blurry, he groaned again, feeling the parchness of his throat.

"That took longer than I expected" a voice spoke, he kept looking and narrowing his eyes before he realized the voice belonged to the silhouette, he groaned trying to look around the strange place he was in, it felt really cold, he could feel the chills on his toes.

He looked ahead and slowly his vision was getting clearer and he realized he was in some kind of abandoned building, his gaze shifted back to the silhouette and it was much clearer now, he could actually see his face much more than he did before.

Dark, shoulder length, silk hair, semi hazel, black eyes, it felt like he was putting on contact lenses, as they looked artificial, slight stubble on his chin, pink lips that felt like they were calling to him, he swallowed as he drank in every detail of the man in front of him.
Square, sharp perfect shoulders, the black buttoned up shirt he was putting on made everything so difficult to ignore, and his black slacks too.

His shirt was folded halfway up his arm, with his hands shoved into his pants pocket, the muscle on his arm flexed, showing a tiny piece of tattooing lost somewhere inside his sleeves making Matteo to part his lips slightly, before his eyes finally moved up and landed on his eyes.

Hazel eyes meeting sea blue ones, He was already staring at him, and not just that, he had a lopsided grin on his face, making Matteo quickly clear his throat and look away, he could feel his ears burn in embarrassment that he'd been caught moping at the very attractive man in front of him.

"Matteo" the man's husky voice bounced off the walls of the place, stealing his attention yet again as his eyes slowly moved towards him "The legendary infamous right hand man to the devil himself" he muttered with a slight tease in his voice, making Matteo to clench his jaw and look at him hard, but he was neither intimidated nor bothered by the glare he was sending him.
He smacked his lips moving away from where he stood as he took a step forward.
"You know, it's an honor to finally meet you, I mean I've seen you around a couple of times but you were always looking so uptight and around Spade, so I never got a chance to come have a conversation with you" he muttered as if that was the most normal thing he could say.
As if sensing Matteo was shocked at his behavior, he quickly added
"Yeah I'm a huge fan of your work, I must say, I'm really impressed" he added quickly making Matteo roll his eyes and look away.

He took another step closer to Matteo's chair and stopped as if thinking of his next words, he sighed out.
"You know, from what I've heard, you're just as ruthless as Spade, if not more than him. You're like the devil's spawn" he muttered putting his hands on his chin as if thinking "no you're not like the devil's spawn, Spade is the devil and you work for him, that makes you the devil's spawn, literally" he quickly added his hazel eyes staring deeply into Matteo's blue ones, watching his every move, Matteo could see how each and every visible muscle in his body flexed.
As much as he tried to ignore it, he couldn't