Chapter 50

He'd been laying the way he woke up for the past 30 minutes, feeling the ache coursing through all his body, every nerve in him was on fire.
The pain he was feeling was enough to kill him but he was not dying just yet, not until he finds out where his sister is, but first he needed to get out of here.
He didn't know how long he was out for again, but seeing that his father hadn't come down yet, he was sure it wasn't two hours yet.

He sighed out as his mind left the brooding issues that was enough to keep him up and drifted to grey, brooding eyes as his thoughts spiralled to Spade.
One of the reasons he was locked up here.
No, no, his mind chided him, Spade wasn't the reason he was locked up here, he's not going to blame Spade for his luck, with or without Spade coming for his sister, his father had always been like this, that has nothing to do with Spade.

His mind swayed to his mother, her beautiful face and soothing smile, the way her eyes always shone with kindness and love for them both, he kept wondering if she was alive would their lives still be like this?
Would she stand up to their father on their behalf, even though he wouldn't listen.

He sighed out, unable to move, he was stuck just laying there like a log of wood, there was no window, so he couldn't exactly tell if it was midday, morning or night time.

He heard the loud scraping of the metallic door being pulled open, he managed to look sideways, still feeling the heavy feeling in his head, he could feel the swell in his eyes and his jaw, he definitely looked pretty bad, if only a mirror was here for him to have a good look at himself.

His father strode in, still looking very much the same as he looked earlier on, only he was much calmer now than he was before.
He didn't look away and neither did he say anything.

His father just stopped in front of him, watching him, with his hands shoved into his pockets
"Your two hours are up" he muttered watching Nate, Nate just shut his eyes sighing out and clenching his jaw, mentally preparing himself for another whirlwind of torture.

His father squatted in front of him, titling his head sideways "are you ready to tell me where she is now"? He asked

Nate grounded his teeth almost regretting it immediately, as he felt the pain in his jaw intensify.
He opened his mouth to speak but the swell on the side of his lips and the one on his jaw was preventing him.
He tried again
"I... I... I don't know" he croaked out barely audible for his father to hear, the man nodded looking away from Nate before he grabbed him by the collar pulling his face up, making sure Nate's whole body shook, he hissed at how much pain his whole body felt, even his head felt like someone took a bat to it

"Protecting her won't save her" he muttered gruffly, still more alcohol smell oozing from his breath "tell me where she is and I won't have to hurt her" he persuaded.

Nate's barely good eyes watched him, knowing this was only just a ploy to cajole him, but he didn't even know where his sister was, and even if he did, he'd die before he tells his father.

"I... I.. don't... I swear.. I don't know where she is" he croaked out feeling his throat clog with unshed tears and huge lumps of tears blocking his throat, his eyes was already getting blurry and hazy as he rapidly blinked the tears away

His father narrowed his eyes on him for a good second before shoving his away and cussing out lowly.
"I believe you" he sighed out "but I also believe you can help me get her back" he added quickly making Nate to dread what he was about to say, nothing about his father came easy or free
"I'm gonna let you go, on the condition that if she reaches out to you, you're gonna bring her to me" he muttered watching as Nate's eyes widened in horror, he can't do that to her.
He wouldn't do that to her, he slowly starts shaking his head, his father quickly gripped his jaw making him grimace and groan out at the pain moving through his head and face.
"What's that"? He asked looking into his eyes with a very crazed and delusional look
"I'm not asking you Nathan, I'm telling you, I don't care how you do it but you're gonna find her and bring her to me" he muttered before forcefully shoving him away, this time he was able to catch his balance and save himself from the hard fall he was about to experience