Chapter 20

Spade had just stopped his car in front of the club, he got out, looking Sharp and ready for business, before taking long strides towards the entrance of the building.

The men on the entrance gave him a Curt nod before holding the door open for him, he walked inside, hit with loud music his eyes darted round the dimly lit room with neon lights room, and he let out a deep breath.

Stopping just at the bar counter with his eyes, he narrowed them at the figure perched there, holding a brown envelope in his hands, more like clutching it like his life depended on it.
He kept moving his head from left to right as if searching for someone, his whole posture was tense and he looked nervous.

Spade would recognize that hair anywhere, even in the midst of a million people.
What the hell is he doing here?
With the envelope in his hands, he already knew the answer to that.

He could easily just pretend not to see him and just walk away but something was itching him to go over there, have a closer look

His eyes sweeped through the room one more time, hoping to find Matteo but it came back futile, why didn't he inform him that the kid would be here tonight?

He clenched his jaw and started walking towards the VIP boot, that was the direction to his office, he was gonna ignore him, pretend like he didn't see him at all.

If only it were that easy, he found himself changing direction and heading towards the bar, he cussed out at his own foolishness.

He stopped at the counter, just a few feet away from the brown haired young man on his right hand side, Nate still hadn't noticed him, seemingly lost in thought, while nervously looking around the whole room.

He licked his lips "waiting for someone"? His deep voice reached Nate's ears and he turned around, shutting his eyes at the person beside him

He'd been trying to avoid him all night but luck wasn't on his side.
The person he met here just left minutes ago after giving him the brown envelope which he clutched tightly in his hands, he just wanted to stay a few minutes before leaving and now Spade was standing just beside him, asking questions.

He sighed out before looking away "no" he muttered with a one word reply.

"Running daddy's errands" he taunted his tone sounding like a mockery of some sort.
Nate just remained silent as he looked in front of him at the bartender who served drinks to others standing on the other side of the counter.
"That's right, you're doing daddy's little dirty work" he mocked, making Nate to clench his jaw and shut his eyes, he could feel the taunt and mockery in Spade's voice, riling him up the more.

Spade was watching him, baiting him with his words.
He noticed the way his fingers tightly gripped the brown envelope with him, and the way the muscle in his jaw tightened as he clenched them

"Daddy asked you not to spill his secret"? He asked, his face already forming a smirk, he knew his words were getting to Nate and it was fueling his desires to rile the young man up the more

Nate grounded his teeth as he tried to keep himself from talking back, Spade could very well kill him here and nothing would happen, maybe this is some kind of plan by Spade, something to get rid of him.

"Daddy's Little chew toy, aren't you" he taunted the more and this time it cut deep into Nate's soul and heart, he could feel the heavy lump in his throat, as if he was being choked, by Spade's words.
He couldn't breathe.

"What happened to me staying out of your way else you'd kill me"? He snapped looking at Spade, seeing the smirk on his face, he knew Spade was baiting him, and he'd just fallen into his trap
Spade shrugged before signalling the girl at the counter with his fingers.