Chapter 41

Spade sat still in his car trying to process what he'd just heard and what had just happened a few seconds ago, he is supposed to be angry at Nate's outburst and somewhat disrespected but he was more turned on than he was angry.
He was actually angry but the feeling of heat rushing towards his groin was more prominent than the anger.

He could still the anger on Nate's face as he talked to him, letting him know exactly what he thought of him.
Was he self absorbed? Yes, was he selfish? Yes
But what he did today, going out of his way and taking Nate to the casino, and even letting him play freely, that wasn't an act of selfishness, he didn't do that for himself, he did for Nate and that was a first.

He'd never gone out of his way to do something nice for someone else, not even Matteo, okay maybe once for Matteo, but that was it.

He sighed out and ran his hands down his face, he felt like his mind was in so many places at once, he was thinking of what happened between Nate and him a few minutes ago, he was thinking about how Nate looked free at the casino and he was thinking about what to do next.

His eyes moved to the entrance of the building, the same one Nate just walked in through, he shook his head and turned on the key on his car, it came to life and his eyes moved to the building again, he shut his eyes and clenched his jaw

"Damnit" he cursed out before turning off the car engine, he sighed out and pulled his phone out of his pocket, he dialed a number as he opened the door and stepped out of the car.

The phone starts ringing, after two rings the person on the other side picked up, he heard shuffling on the other side of the phone.
"Matteo" he muttered and he heard the other man groaned from the other end

"Oh God Spade, do you even know what time it is" he groaned out groggily and Spade just sighed out almost rolling his eyes.

"Where the fuck are you"? He asked and the line went silent again, only shuffling could be heard from the other side of the phone.

"Don't you ever sleep? It's almost 12" Matteo groaned out totally ignoring Spade's question.

"Where the fuck are you Matteo"? he gritted out trying to control his anger, he was already getting agitated with Matteo's complaints.

"I'm at the penthouse, where else would I be"? He muttered and Spade just sighed out "why are you...." Spade cut the call and advanced towards the entrance of the apartment building, he put the phone back into his pocket as he took long strides towards the entrance.

He stopped in front of the double doors before pushing it open and stepping inside the building, the lobby was empty, even the desk was empty.
He walked briskly towards the elevator and stepped in, he pressed the button for the penthouse.

He shoved his hands into his pocket as he kept thinking about what he was doing, why was he stressing so much about one person?
This was so unlike him, he was barely getting any sleep.

He looked at the button on the top of the elevator door, watching as it counted each floor he passes until it stopped at the penthouse floor, it dinged and both doors pulled open, he stepped out and headed towards the door of the penthouse.

He rang the bell and waited, he couldn't hear anything from the other side, the door was soundproof.
He shoved his hands into his pocket and waited patiently.

Soon enough he heard the clicking sound of the door as it opened, Matteo was standing on the other side with blue robe tied around his body, his eyes looked groggy as if he just woken up from sleep

His hair was a total mess
"What are you doing here"? He asked in surprise as his eyes came in contact with Spade's, before stepping aside for him to walk in.