Chapter 47

Nate could feel his senses leave him, his whole attention was on Laura, the old lady that had been with them from when they lost their mother, he could see her mouth moving as she explained to his father what had happened, but all he could think of was the words he'd heard her say and the words he'd read in the white piece of paper in his hands.

He could almost hear how fast and loud his heart was beating, the thumping sounds reaching his ears and blood rushed to his head as he could already see black spots cloud his vision.

His sister had left, she ran away from home.
He saw her that morning, they even talked and she acted as if everything was fine, she didn't even act weird or show any sign that she was running away, and now this.

He looked up at Laura and she gave him a sad look, but that didn't help him at all, it only made him feel worse.
Why didn't she tell him?
And why wait until now before leaving?

His eyes moved to his father and he could see the anger and rage in his face, the way the veins on his neck bulged out, he tightened his fists at his side before he asked Laura to leave, she nodded before walking out of the study.

His eyes slowly moved away from the figure of his father and landed on the two men sitting on the couch, neither of them saying anything, Matteo just looked at his father as if he could see something no one else could, while Spade still sat with his legs spread and his hands intertwined in front of him, he hadn't moved from where he sat, hadn't changed position and his face still looked pretty much the same.

Bored, unbothered, blank and dead grey eyes stared right through his father.
Matteo was quite easier to read, Nate could see the slight surprise in his eyes, but Spade was quite different, Nate couldn't even as much as guess what was running through his mind at the moment.

Spade dragged his feet from where they were and slowly pulled himself up from the couch, still keeping his gaze on Greg, he didn't react or show that whatever they just heard affected him in any way, Greg recoiled back discreetly at the sudden movements of Spade, he swallowed as he looked and felt small in front of the deadly man.

Matteo's eyes followed Spade as he also stood up, being the one closest to Nate on the couch, he looked at the young man and deep down, buried inside the confusion and fear was sadness, the kid just found out his sister ran away from home, of course he should be sad, but that should literally be the least of his problem right now, his eyes moved away from Nate and landed on the ticking time bomb beside him.

He could see the way Spade's jaw flexed and how cool and calm he looked, it didn't smell good.
Whenever Spade was this calm, someone would end up dead.

"Mr DeVille..." Greg started saying with his voice almost low but Spade's sharp gaze quickly shut him up as he clamped his mouth shut

"Where's your daughter Mr Miller"? He asked dangerously low as if he didn't already know, or as if he hadn't heard the old lady that just left minutes ago.

Greg opened his mouth and closed it again, not finding the right words to say, his eyes moved from Spade and landed on Matteo, he swallowed realizing he was standing in front of two very dangerous and deadly men, one wrong word from him and he could end up dead in seconds, so he had to choose his words wisely.

"I... Uh... Mr DeVille, I assure you, I have it under control" he stuttered looking between both men, with hard gazes on him, he felt like he would shit his pants.

Nate watched in awe, as he had never seen his father like this.
This man was someone he feared all his life, mere thoughts about his father could make him confused and lose focus.
But here he was, almost shitting his pants in front of Spade