Chapter 122

26 years ago

The little boy had just got off the car, lying to his father that he was having sugar rush, when in real time he just wanted to spend time with his mother at home, his father had dropped him off and promised to come back because he had something to take care of at work.

The small boy ran as fast as his legs could carry him, but he wanted to surprise his mother, so he was trying to run stealthily for a kid his age.
He was smiling as he ran up the stairs, he wanted to just scream his mother's name, because she wasn't in the kitchen, but he held back his excitement.

He didn't know which of his parents he loved the most, he cared for his mother greatly and so his father too, they were the perfect family he wanted
His father loved them both, he and his mother

The only reason she didn't go to the park with them today was because she complained of being sick, he had wanted to stay with her but she insisted he go and have fun on her behalf, he couldn't say no to that

But now he was back and he was eager to see his mother again, he'd missed her even though he'd only been apart from her for just a few hours.

His little feet stopped in front of his parents room, the door was slightly open so he could see just perfectly well from where he stood, but what he was seeing wasn't what he was expecting at all.
His mom was inside quite alright, but she wasn't alone and she looked to be in some kind of fight with someone.

A man, the man had his mother pinned down on the bed, and as small as he was, he could see his mother's clothes were ripped.
His mother's eyes met with his through the small creak in the door and he gasped out seeing the tears and pain in her eyes.
His little three and half year old heart couldn't take it, he wanted to interfere and tell the bad man to let go off his mother, else his father would kill the bad man.

But his mom quietly shook her head at him, he wondered why though, the bad man was hurting her but she didn't want him to help, but he always listened to his mother so he didn't go in, instead he just stood there and watched, after a while his mother had stopped struggling with the bad man and just laid there while the bad did whatever it was to his mother.

He ran away when he thought the bad man would catch him, he ran and hid in the kitchen, until he was sure the bad man had left, but he saw the man's face, the man who made his mother cry, who hurt her and he'd never forget it.
Then he went back into his parents room to meet his mother, she was crying on the bed.

He gently squeezed himself in between her legs and tried to arrange her torn clothes, before using his tiny hands to wipe off her tears stained face.
"It's okay mommy" he whispered, his tiny voice making his mother to smile sadly at him.
"I'll tell Daddy and he'll hurt the bad man too for making you cry" he muttered and his mother quickly shook her head and cupped his tiny face.

"I'm fine, mommy's fine, you don't have to tell Daddy anything" she croaked out, trying her best to stop her tears
She kissed his cheek and nose, before smiling at him.

The small boy looked at her, scrunching his nose up, he was really smart for a 3 year old kid
"Do you pwomise mommy"? He asked and she nodded before kissing his cheek

"I promise baby" she whispered out smiling at him, he smiled back and she ruffled his hair.
"Mommy's gotta take a shower, and then we'll bake some cakes together okay" she explained and he nodded before he ran out of the room leaving his mother alone.

He didn't understand what had happened to his mother then, infact for a long time he never understood, not until he became a teenager and realized what he witnessed that day was not a fight between his mom and the strange man.