Chapter 117

Matteo had left the club and headed towards his next destination, already feeling the peace leave him, he wished he didn't have to meet this person, but it was something he couldn't avoid, so he had to suck it up

If Spade knew how he felt about Stefano, he wouldn't let him even go close to the man, he wouldn't have allowed Matteo to be his muscles, like Stefano had said, but Matteo knew they needed this little win, even if it wasn't much of anything, at least now they had information about their mystery man, and this brought them closer to finding out just who he really is.

He ran a hand down his face as he stopped his car in front of the apartment building, he clenched his jaw when not even a second later, he saw Stefano step out of the building, in nothing but a blue roundneck and black slacks.

The top fitted around his body tightly, showing every single muscle the man had, he had his hair packed behind him, and the small beard on his face made him look like Jesus.
He had something else in his mouth, the closer he got to Matteo's car, the more clearly he could see it.

Was that a licorice stick?
He was sucking on it like a straw, Matteo shook his head, this man was something else.
Stefano just walked towards the passenger side of the car and tried to open the door, Matteo already knowing it was locked, didn't bother opening it.

He just sat there, already feeling a smirk overtake his face, if Stefano was gonna ruin this trip for him, then he may as well make his life miserable while at it.
He could see from his peripheral that Stefano had put his head down to the window, obviously trying to talk to him, but pretended not to see the man as he set his eyes on the windshield of the car.

He watched as Stefano tried to talk to him, but he still didn't say anything or react as if he could see him, then Stefano disappeared from there, he smirked.
Maybe the man was tired of standing there, but to his greatest surprise, he heard the window on his side, a knock on it.

He obviously couldn't ignore this one as he looked sharply and saw a smiling Stefano, he rolled his eyes and wound down the glass, Stefano peeked his head inside
"What" he growled out, he hated that stupid smile and that cheerful personality, didn't anything ever annoyed the man.

"The door Teo, it's locked" he said, as if Matteo didn't already know that, he rolled his eyes before he unlocked the door, watching as Stefano walked to the other side and opened the door, he stepped inside and the smell of his cologne hit Matteo's nose, he almost gagged at it.

Everything about the man was so loud, he hated it.
It suffocated and irritated him so much.
"I thought you weren't going to show" Stefano's deep and throaty annoying voice reached his ears, making him resist the urge to groan out, he didn't want to start talking to the guy.
He could just ignore him, but knowing Stefano, he'd just keep talking and talking.

"I'm starting to regret coming" he muttered under his breath before he started the car and drove towards the airstrip, he noticed Stefano didn't bring any personal belongings with him, save for his clothes he had on, and his phone.

This made Matteo to wonder why he'd do that, hoping he wasn't planning to inconvenience him by wanting to share his own stuff because he'd never do that.

He looked at Matteo and he saw the man was already looking at him, making his body to erupt with heat, he didn't like the way Stefano stared at him, it made him uncomfortable and weird.
The man should just take his eyes away from him.

Now that he knew Stefano was looking at him, it made it kind of hard for him to drive, it was like he was a child learning to walk for the first time and the whole neighborhood had gathered to watch, definitely the child would miss more than a couple of steps and fall down.