Chapter 21

He opened his eyes panting hard and sweating profusely, he squinted his eyes trying to adjust it to the darkness, he didn't remember turning off his light last night, infact he never goes to sleep with his lights off.

He could barely see in the dark, but he could feel the hard surface which his back was on, this doesn't feel like his soft, feathery mattress, this felt like a solid rock, pinching into his back.

He tried to move so he could turn on the lights, something was wrong.
He couldn't move, his hands felt like something was holding them back, tight and thin, he tried again and he felt the sting on his wrists, his hands were tied to whatever surface he was lying on.

His legs too felt like they were being pulled apart, spread wide and tied to something, he was vulnerable.
His heart rate spiked as he looked around frantically, barely able to move his head.

He starts hearing muffled cries from his side, he couldn't pinpoint which side it was coming from, the person sniffled again making him look harder, but everything was pitch black, and endless.

"Is someone there"? He asked hearing his own voice echo through the whole room, wherever he was, was fucking empty and huge.
The muffle of the person grew louder and he could hear shuffling, which meant they were struggling too
"Hello" he yelled out again, hoping they'd answer but instead they just continued muffling loudly.

He could hear his own heartbeat and could feel how much his heart threatened to burst out of his chest, with each thumping.

There was a creaking sound coming from around the room, he raised his head up and looked infront of him, still not seeing anything, but he could suddenly hear low but heavy footsteps.

"Who's there"? He whispered feeling his voice waver with fear.

"An old friend" the person wheezed out.
His eyes grew wide and his breathing hitched up, his lips slightly parted, no, it can't be.
After so many years, it can't be.
He was finally free

He recognized that voice anyday.
The same voice that haunted his very existence, menacing, low, bone chilling, skin crawling, wheezing sound called a voice.

This very voice threatened everything he stood for.
All the huge walls he'd built up over the years, this very voice sent it crashing down with just one sentence.

He could feel the tightness in his chest, like the bones around his heart would cave in and crush the very thing that kept him alive.
He could feel his breathing begin to speed up, and turn shallow.
His whole body had started to shake.

"No, no, no" he was trying to scream out but it came out as a whisper, frail, tiny and barely audible.
He couldn't recognize his own voice anymore, he wasn't the one talking, it was 11 year old him.
That young, scared and frightened boy.

He looked at himself and that's all he saw.
Afraid, scared, frightened, broken 11 year old kid.
The kid that craved his father's love that he'd do anything just to please him.

"Aww, Is that anyway to greet an old friend" the voice wheezed in the shadows, before he heard the flicking sound and blinding light hit his eyes, making him shut them tight.

He slowly peeled his eyes open and came face to face with a yellow dim light right above his head from the ceiling of the room.
He recognized this room, this building.
One of the many nightmares of his childhood.
One that has haunted him all his life.

He raised his head up a bit hoping the light blinding his vision, had also been turned on in the whole room but he was wrong.
The whole room was still pitch black, only the light above him was on.