SUNSHINE AND RAIN

When Samuel arrived in the evening, he was surprised by Kali at the door. She jumped out of the shadows, scaring him before throwing herself in his arms. He caught her, bellowing with laughter as they kissed.

"I would assume your day went well?"

"I believe it did, but that's not why I am happy. I am happy to have you home."

Samuel set her back on her feet and noticed the scarf she held in her hands.

"Are you cold?"

"No. It's for you."

"Me?"

"Yes. For your eyes, darling."

He complied, closing his eyes and allowing her to wrap the scarf around his head, sealing him in darkness. He followed her cautiously as she led him up the stairs and into their room. He scolded her lightheartedly when the door smacked into his chest.

"Hey!"

"Sorry." She stressed and led him still. "Sorry. We are here."

She took the scarf off and stepped back. He kept his eyes closed, opening them carefully so he wasn't dazzled by the light. Then, seeing where he stood, he looked around with curious interest.

"Wow. So beautiful. My dressing room."

"Idiot." Kali smacked his hand with the scarf. "Of course, this is not a surprise. Change."

He gasped, plastering his hand across his chest. "With you here?"

"Did you take something in the office? What are you on?"

"I am just feeling light."

"Change. Something casual, please."

"Casual like you?" He asked as he stripped out of his jacket. Kali nodded. "Yes, ma'am." He picked out shorts and a vest. "Do I get a hint as to what the surprise is?"

"It's dinner."

"On the patio? Like last time?"

"Not like last time, but it's dinner."

"Truly insightful."

She waited for him to finish before tying the scarf back around his eyes. He teased her incessantly while they went back down the stairs, and she replied by tugging his hair or shaking him to scare him.

"Careful. Lift your feet." She instructed when they finally made their way to the backyard.

They crossed the threshold, and she chuckled, pulling the scarf off once again. Before Samuel could open his eyes, she leapt in front of him, hands in the air.

"Surprise!"

"Oh my!"

"Dinner on the pool."

He laughed out loud, taking in the pool. She had a large screen set up in front of the pool with the remote on the floatie anchored to the pool. The lights were off, and only the screen illuminated the areas in front of it.

"It's lovely."

"You like it?"

"I love it." He scooped her in his arms and kissed her. "When did you have the time to do this? Where did you get the television?"

"Ordered it a while back, and luckily, it arrived while you were away. Same for the floaties."

"What are we watching?"

He held her hand as she got on the float before joining her. She loosened some of the rope, allowing the float to move away from the pool walls. She turned the television on and brought the table between them so they could eat while the movie played.