3

DCBS: Chapter 3

Luo Xiuyun had been working for many years and there were traces of gray hair on her temples. Nevertheless, one could still see her beautiful face when she was young and her eyebrows and eyes were somewhat similar to Pei Qingyuan.

At this moment, she raised her head and stared at her son who was much taller than her, eyes filled with disappointment.

Pei Qingyuan’s fingers holding the door knob trembled. He realized that this wasn’t the normal tone of blaming a child for coming home later. Also, she didn’t really expect an answer from him

She seemed to have an answer in her heart.

Pei Qingyuan suppressed the waves in his heart and replied calmly, “I went to work.”

He still had some instinctive expectations in front of his mother, whom he had separated and reunited with.

“Work? Can’t I afford to support you? Why go out to work as a student?” Luo Xiuyun raised an eyebrow and became very angry at his words. “Don’t make up these lies with me! Tell me honestly, why did you go to that hotel? Who told you that Yan Yan was there?”

Luo Xiuyun took a few steps forward anxiously as she spoke. She hadn’t expected Pei Qingyuan to go trouble Pei Yan, which disturbed the two families. Meanwhile, Pei Qingyuan in front of her looked like this matter had nothing to do with him.

How could her son have such a personality?

In the crowded living room, the atmosphere was like a stagnant vortex.

Pei Qingyuan didn’t smile often. He had a cold personality as a child, but at this moment, an extremely faint smile spread on his face. “Don’t you know where I went? Why ask me?”

Luo Xiuyun’s eyes widened and she felt so suffocated that she couldn’t speak. She raised her hand to stroke her chest in amazement before managing to squeeze out a string of difficult sentences.

“I know you are used to living a rich life and look down on this family, but Yan Yan has returned to his parents. You have to accept this. No matter how useless I am, I am still your mother and you have to listen to me.”

“Yan Yan has been separated from his parents for so many years and it must be difficult for him to adapt to the new environment. He has been very obedient since he was a child and I don’t know if he is being bullied…” Luo Xiuyun’s tired eyes were full of undisguised worry. “Can you not disturb him?”

The anticipation that churned in Pei Qingyuan’s chest shattered into powder in an instant.

He heard his mother’s voice change from scolding to pleading and felt that his fingers were burned cold from the door.

Then what about him?

Did he have an easy time during this period?

“I didn’t.” He heard his own dry voice.

“Then don’t go looking for him again, okay?” Luo Xiuyun tried to be emotional. “Yan Yan saw you at the hotel and specially called to ask what was wrong with you. He was afraid that something happened to you. So you should think of him…”

Pei Qingyuan quietly stared at this thin woman saying ‘Yan Yan’ as if it was the most precious part of her heart.

Therefore, he asked abruptly, “Mom, what will you call me?”

Luo Xiuyun’s words were interrupted. She was stunned for a moment before she understood this question and replied slowly, “Qing… Qingyuan.”

It was a very unfamiliar name. These days, Luo Xiuyun used ‘you’ more often.