55

DCBS: Chapter 55

The sound of falling rain echoed throughout the dream.

There was a fluffy mushroom floating in the sky and a teenager standing by the window and looking at the outside world, the daylight bright and intense.

After an unknown amount of time, the boy finally turned around and walked to the white bed to sit down. His face was still blurred by the light. He lowered his head, picked up a book on the bedside table and read it quietly.

It was raining continuously outside the window. In the damp and gloomy rain, the mushroom clinging to the glass became a bit bigger.

Time seemed to be standing still. It infinitely extended his senses and boredom and loneliness continued to breed. Pei Qingyuan tried to do something to break this terrible paleness, but the person in the dream couldn’t hear his voice or perceive his presence at all. Only the sound of rain and turning pages were shallowly intertwined in the air.

Pei Qingyuan had been trapped in this white room, watching helplessly. He almost thought he couldn’t wake up from this dream until there was a warm touch to his arm.

The strange, lonely world was instantly sucked away.

In the warm morning, he opened his eyes blankly and saw the sky blue that was close at hand.

The cat rubbed against his arm lightly with his tail and meowed happily.

“Host, you are actually sleeping in.” Ji Tong’s voice was heard in his heart. “Get up quickly, get up quickly. Lin Zihai is brushing his teeth!”

He finally returned to the colored reality.

Pei Qingyuan instinctively sighed with relief.

Until the end of the dream, he couldn’t see the face of the boy. A dull sense of loss instantly filled his heart.

“…I had a dream.”

He picked up Mushroom walking back and forth around the bed. He got up and opened the curtains to see only the empty sky outside. The soft morning light poured in, giving the cat’s snow-white fur a tinge of gray-blue.

Ji Tong asked him curiously, “What dream?”

Pei Qingyuan stood at the window in a stunned manner for a long time before whispering, “I dreamed of a huge mushroom.”

He didn’t know why but he didn’t mention the strange boy in his dream.

Maybe it was because he didn’t know how to describe it.

Hearing this somewhat strange answer, Mushroom narrowed his eyes comfortably.

“That dream sounds delicious,” Ji Tong commented. “What is good to eat this morning? Shiitake meat buns? Cheese and mushroom pasta? Creamy mushroom soup?”

Pei Qingyuan’s originally somewhat depressed mood was quickly swept away by the naming link that was filled with Ji Tong’s characteristics.

He calmed down his thoughts, changed clothes and walked out of the room. Lin Zihai and Shen Yiming had finished washing. They were sitting and chatting in the living room, stuck on the topic of what to eat next.

Seeing him coming out, the two of them took the initiative to greet him. “Good morning, class monitor. What are you going to eat later?”

Under Lin Zihai’s assimilation, Shen Yiming had also started to call him the class monitor.

“Good morning.” Pei Qingyuan had been brainwashed by Ji Tong’s mushroom dishes. “I want to eat cream mushroom soup.”

The moment he finished speaking, he frowned while feeling like something was wrong. This soup was only served in Western restaurants.