106

DCBS: Chapter 106

Fragile, dream-like voices floated in his ears.

The surrounding couples rubbed their ears, wiping away their tears and makeup with tissues. Occasionally, a mobile phone screen lit up with a dim light and it was all obscured from the sound of the piano spreading from the speakers.

The light and shadow on the screen changed. The world was black and white and only the fingertips were brilliant.

After a short moment of astonishment and without waiting for the people around him to regret it, Pei Qingyuan tightly held the slightly cool body temperature.

Ji Tong didn’t move. He even forgot to eat the popcorn as his body stiffened and he stared directly at the screen in front of him, his cheeks faintly flushed red.

Fortunately, no one else would notice in a dimly lit movie theater.

This wasn’t the first time he had held hands with the host.

This feeling was completely different from before.

The advancing cinematic footage flickered in his field of vision. He struggled to watch the ups and downs of the storyline, even though his mind was full of the static intersection of their palms.

People in the ambiguous period often took this small but crucial step in the movie theater with the right atmosphere.

The touched skin became hot until the story ended and white subtitles started to scroll on the pure black background. Then the fingertips were exposed to the sudden light.

Ji Tong still didn’t dare to look down.

He looked up at the dazzling lights and slowly followed the audience out, not forgetting to hold the unfinished popcorn bucket.

The figure merged into the crowd of people, like a fish swimming in the vast ocean.

As they passed by the theater’s store, Pei Qingyuan asked him, “Do you want to buy a new one?”

Ji Tong shook his head. “I don’t want to eat it.”

The popcorn lost its original aroma in front of the sweet taste that wrapped around his heart.

He was just reluctant to throw away this popcorn bucket.

In addition, holding something in his hand would make him look less silly.

“Okay,” Pei Qingyuan replied softly. “Tell me if you’re tired.”

“No.” Ji Tong looked down at the ground. “It is very light.”

It was a dull conversation and a slowly descending landscape elevator.

Everything was no different from normal, except for the hands that never separated under the sleeves.

The host was always smart.

He didn’t discuss this initiative in the darkness and didn’t give Ji Tong a chance to dodge again.

The moonlight was soft, just like the night when he was dragged by the host to run under the moonlight.

Ji Tong stared at the two figures on the ground that were elongated by the street lights, very close to each other.

That day, the host told him to stop calling him Brother.

Then he didn’t say anything else and let his voice disappear in the silent air.

It was only later that he gradually read the unfinished ripples.

Love didn’t need to be confessed out loud.