15

DCBS: Chapter 15

The week of intense study life quickly came to an end. The weekend that the students were waiting for was coming.

The city strictly stipulated that middle and high school students couldn’t come to school to make up classes during the holidays, so Pei Qingyuan had two days off to relax.

On weekdays, he left early and returned late. He didn’t want to have too much contact with Luo Xiuyun. Now that it was the weekend, Luo Zhichang didn’t have to go to work. He spent all day watching TV in the living room, which made Pei Qingyuan even more reluctant to stay home.

In the morning, he still got up on time. He didn’t miss his warm bed at all and took Ji Tong out for breakfast before the family woke up.

Unexpectedly, his host didn’t even sleep in on weekends. What a ruthless person.

Ji Tong sat in an unresponsive manner on the side of the flower bed, his hair sticking up. He watched Pei Qingyuan wait in line in front of the steaming breakfast stall.

He didn’t have time to do handsome styling today because he didn’t sleep enough and was woken up by Pei Qingyuan.

The host already knew that he loved to eat human food, but didn’t realize that he also liked to sleep.

Yes, he was such a maverick artificial intelligence.

Pei Qingyuan came back with several bags. He first stuffed the soy milk cup with just the right temperature into Ji Tong’s hand. Then he put a paper towel on the stone beside him, put a bag of hot egg burgers on it and told him, “It is very hot since it is just cooked. Eat it later.”

The child nodded obediently. He held up the paper cup and drank the soy milk. His dull hair swayed in the wind.

Sitting next to him was a bearded uncle in big pants and flip-flops. He ate rice noodle rolls from a plastic lunch box while curiously talking to them.

“Handsome young man, are you a student of the high school next door?”

Pei Qingyuan was also holding a cup of soy milk. Then he realized who the other person was talking about and was about to answer when next to him, Ji Tong replied while nodding like a chicken pecking rice. “Ye ye.”

The uncle was amused by his learned tone and laughed loudly. “I saw you two handsome boys eating breakfast together every morning. It looks good and tasteful!”

He spoke strange Mandarin and gave a thumbs up to the two people next to him, praising them. “The relationship between you two brothers is so good!”

The cool autumn breeze in the morning brought the smoke over. Pei Qingyuan smiled at the strange uncle and thanked him politely.

Ji Tong was eating an egg burger when he suddenly pulled excitedly at Pei Qingyuan’s sleeve, his eyes shining.

Pei Qingyuan asked him, “What’s wrong?”

Just after the strange uncle said that the two brothers had a good relationship, Ji Tong suddenly sensed a change in the task panel. A faint green light lit up on the electronic display screen that he had stepped on before.

As stated in the manual, the flashing green light of the task panel meant that the task was on the right track and had progressed.

During the days when Pei Qingyuan and Luo Xiuyun got along coldly, the task panel never reacted because there was obvious disharmony and unhappiness spreading in this home.

Then the stranger thought the two of them were brothers and felt they had a good relationship. This actually met the standard of a happy family in the task requirements.