135 (Extra 5 Part 2)

DCBS: Chapter 135 Part 2

Pei Yan and Luo Xiuyun both thought that his life would follow this most standard model and that he would live a dull life.

However, fate took a sharp turn when he was 18.

Pei Yan stood in front of the gate of fate, expectantly and apprehensively. The smiling housekeeper pushed open the door of his room, bowed to him and stood on the side to wait.

It was a home he had only previously seen on television.

An exquisite, splendid and expensive home.

Overnight, countless concerned eyes poured on him and he was illuminated by the spotlight for a long time. It shook his eyes and made it impossible to see the truth of love and intimacy.

In the overwhelming light, Pei Yan suddenly remembered the words of his relatives many years ago.

It turned out that he should’ve been at the front of the starting line.

It was the front that could leave many people far behind.

His real mother gently buttoned his shirt and told him little by little what type of life he should’ve had.

The housekeeper’s son followed him and became his closest friend, teaching him the rules of the world.

Pei Yan had the best conditions and he started to work hard for another life.

He didn’t dare to not live up to every deep expectation that this colorful world cast on him.

It was just like in the past when he didn’t dare to live up to the expectations of his adoptive mother, relatives, teachers, classmates and even neighbors, even if it was just a casual, ‘Xiao Yan will definitely have a bright future.’

But here, he really didn’t seem to be smart enough or as outstanding as Ye Lanting wanted.

Everyone compared him to Pei Qingyuan.

At first, Pei Yan felt that Pei Qingyuan was innocent and was a bit grateful that he took the initiative to ask the question to his parents, leading to the discovery of the change in life. This allowed Pei Yan to find his real parents and gain the best material conditions.

If it was him, he didn’t know if he would make the same choice.

Later, Pei Yan started to hate this name that always lingered around him. He wanted to surpass the achievements of the other party and make Ye Lanting completely forget this adopted son.

He desperately wanted to study the courses arranged by his mother, even if he wasn’t interested in it at all. He even followed the advice of his friend and wanted Pei Qingyuan to make a fool of himself when returning to high school.

Later, Pei Yan became more and more tired.

He gradually lost the power of hatred.

He didn’t want to compare.

He found that behind the hatred was actually deep jealousy.

Pei Yan was jealous of that person’s talent, jealous of his ability and even more jealous that he never changed despite returning to the ordinary world and being alone.

It was clear that he was the one who now had the prominent family and the perfect family, but he envied the person who moved out alone and had to work part-time to support himself.

Why didn’t Pei Qingyuan stay within the rules?

He wasn’t in Ye Lanting’s rules, in Luo Xiuyun’s rules or in the rules set by any outsiders.