60

DCBS: Chapter 60

Pei Qingyuan was obviously stunned for a moment. “The parent-teacher meeting?”

After the results of this monthly examination, a parent-teacher meeting would be held for the third years. Teachers needed to communicate with parents about the students’ learning in a timely manner.

Due to Pei Qingyuan’s special family situation, Zhou Fang had already communicated with him in private and took the initiative to say that she couldn’t call Luo Xiuyun to come over to prevent a negative effect. This meant he didn’t have to worry about the parent-teacher meeting.

After all, with his grades, there was really nothing to worry about. It didn’t matter if his parents came or not.

The only thing was that the parents of all the students in the class would come only for Pei Qingyuan’s parents to be absent. There might be some rumors. Zhou Fang could explain that his parents were too busy with work and took leave but there had been a lot of discussion about this incident. It was beyond Zhou Fang’s control how other parents would make up their minds about the child-switching turmoil.

Pei Qingyuan had never taken this matter to heart. When he heard Ji Tong take the initiative to mention it, he was surprised and couldn’t help being a bit curious.

“How are you going to do the parent-teacher meeting for me?”

Ji Tong couldn’t become an adult for the time being and it was impossible for a child to attend parent-teacher meetings.

Ji Tong, who had turned his hair into a chicken’s nest, sat obediently on the sink. He let the host carefully comb his hair while pondering on it, “Voice acting?”

He missed playing President Ji who had a magnetic voice.

The host’s parents weren’t able to attend in person but someone specifically called to care about his studies and life. At the very least, it would make other parents feel that the host was valued.

Pei Qingyuan immediately remembered the recording he heard last time.

There were also the photos that Ji Tong took out to show him with great interest.

He thought of the fictional image of the man and frowned slightly, subconsciously saying, “No need.”

Unexpectedly, the host refused so simply. Ji Tong pouted but was too embarrassed to persuade him again. “Okay.”

Soon, it was quiet again. Ji Tong looked at himself in the mirror in a melancholy manner, mourning the passing of an opportunity to pretend to be cool. Behind him, the host lowered his eyes. His good-looking side profile was embellished with a neat arc of sunlight.

Soon, Pei Qingyuan finally straightened Ji Tong’s hair for him and asked in a low voice, “Are you disappointed?”

“No,” Ji Tong cheered up. “Host, wash up quickly or you will be late for school.”

It was okay if he missed it this time. There would be a next time.

President Ji would never admit defeat!

He stepped on the small stool, returned the space to the host and ran out of the bathroom with a bottle of wax. He decided to try his hand with Hua Hua’s fur first.

Pei Qingyuan looked at his back as he left. He looked back at himself in the mirror and paused for a long time before opening the tap and starting to wash as usual.

Cool water ran down his cheeks. There was the meowing of a cat from the living room and the melodious singing of birds flying past the window.

He vaguely thought that perhaps this was growing pains.