138 (Extra 8 Part 1)

DCBS: Chapter 138 Part 1
Extra Eight: Fairy Tale

Lin Qingyan was a somewhat special child.

His parents gradually discovered this when he was one or two years old.

Most toddlers were cute, with chubby faces, hands and feet. They ambiguously called out ‘Mom and Dad,’ and would lie on the bed, sleeping like a small cake. Sometimes they cried loudly and other times they giggled.

Lin Qingyan would do the same but most of the time, he quietly stared at everything around him. There was a bright light shining in his clear eyes.

“He seems to be studying the world.”

Father Lin took off his glasses, crouched down by the edge of the bed and looked at his son for a long time until Lin Qingyan suddenly turned over and turned his back to his father. This caused Father Lin to exclaim in surprise.

“Did I disturb his thinking?”

Mother Lin dragged her husband back in a dumbfounded manner. “He is so young. How can he be thinking? It is because you were too close to him. You have such a big head and face that you scared him.”

“If he was scared then he would cry.” Father Lin, who did scientific research, was very rigorous. “We made eye contact just now and he was carefully observing my face. He should be tired of seeing me and felt bored, so he turned around.

Regarding her husband’s strange conjecture, Mother Lin smiled helplessly. “O-Okay.”

As a result, when Mother Lin played the children’s enlightenment cartoon that all children liked for Lin Qingyan, he didn’t smile at the colorful patterns on the screen or dance with the small animals in the cartoon.

At first, he just watched calmly. Then after a few episodes, it started to loop the first episode automatically and actually yawned.

Mother Lin felt incredible. “Does he remember the episode he watched?”

“Definitely.” Father Lin insisted. “He likes to study new things.”

As the days went by, Lin Qingyan’s special features became more and more obvious.

He spoke very early and when adults taught him how to read and write, he learned very quickly. He was extremely sensitive to various numbers that could be seen everywhere in his life and had an excellent memory. Everyone who met him would praise him from the bottom of their hearts for being really smart.

Everyone said that this was a genius child and would perhaps be a big scientist in the future.

Father Lin and Mother Lin didn’t care much about the second half of the sentence. They were more concerned about whether their son’s outstanding intelligence level would come at the cost of other functional defects, which were the symptom of a disease such as Asperger’s syndrome.

Fortunately, after an examination, the doctor said that everything was normal.

When he grew up, Lin Qingyan didn’t behave differently when dealing with people and didn’t show the symptoms of isolation that his parents were most worried about. His self-care ability and sports ability were also excellent.

It was just that he was much quieter and more introverted than the generally noisy children of the same age. It wasn’t out of shyness or introversion. To be precise, it was a calmness that rarely appeared in children.

He watched the world around him with mature and sharp eyes. This made the adults who always teased him with toys seem childish.

Father Lin had a special camera to record the child’s growth. Every year on Lin Qingyan’s birthday, he would take a group photo of the three of them. This would be a precious memory when he grew up.