22

DCBS: Chapter 22

The moment these words filled the air, Luo Xiuyun felt like she had been pricked by a needle and she started sweating.

Yan Yan called her Auntie…

Maybe it was because the sunshine of the autumn afternoon was too dazzling. Luo Xiuyun’s face gradually turned red and she looked at this child who had depended on her with a bit of loss.

The waiter who led her over to the side didn’t notice the abnormality and said politely, “Ma’am, please sit here. This is the menu of the store. Do you need me to recommend something?”

Luo Xiuyun gave a blank ‘oh.’ She sat down and took the menu, flipping through it quickly as if to avoid something.

On the beautifully printed menu, fresh and awkward terms flashed before her eyes. They glowed like phantoms and made her dizzy.

She never drank such things and couldn’t understand the difference between the two strings of foreign characters that looked similar in length, such as caramel mocha and cappuccino.

Pei Yan seemed to see her confusion and took the initiative to say. “The coffee here tastes very pure. You don’t like to drink too bitter things then try the caramel macchiato?”

His words were very measured and there was a hidden concern that was difficult to detect.

Such a tone was similar to the graceful and gorgeous woman who lived in the Pei family.

This strange thought briefly crossed Luo Xiuyun’s mind.

She still didn’t know what a caramel macchiato was, but she at least understood the word caramel. She quickly nodded. The waiter smiled and bowed to them before leaving.

Yan Yan still remembered that she didn’t like to drink better things. Previously when she was sick, she wrinkled her nose as she poured the medicine down, causing Yan Yan to laugh at her. Why was an adult still afraid of taking medicine?

The long and rich memories were torn open and surged in. Luo Xiuyun suddenly forgot about being called ‘Auntie’ and all the subtle abnormalities. Instead, she smiled at Pei Yan.

Pei Yan in front of her wore clothes of good materials and looked well-behaved and handsome. He was living a very good life at first glance. His parents definitely didn’t treat him badly.

At the same time, she also saw a trace of fatigue on Pei Yan’s face and his right hand resting on the table subconsciously clenched. In the past, every time he was tired from studying, he would show similar small movements.

Luo Xiuyun couldn’t help feeling a bit sour.

She whispered, “Don’t be too tired. Rest more.”

Pei Yan was stunned when he heard this. He hesitated for a moment before shaking his head slightly. “I’m not tired. Don’t worry about me.”

The initial slightly awkward atmosphere gradually relaxed.

Luo Xiuyun tasted the caramel macchiato that had just been served. It really wasn’t that bitter.

A smile spread on her face. “Our Yan Yan has grown up and learned a lot.”

Hearing her words, Pei Yan showed a non-standard but sincere smile. “Yes, the outside world is really big.”

Next, Luo Xiuyun smiled and listened to him talking about what happened recently, her heart full of indescribable comfort.

This was until he mentioned a name.

“…Brother Qingyuan, is he still adapting to life there?”

Speaking of this, Luo Xiuyun was angry and worried. She reflexively said, “I have never seen such a child who never goes home! He goes out early every morning and comes back in the middle of the night. His home is like a hotel and his attitude toward learning is so bad!”