Living A Lie

9 year old Audrey

"Who's picking you up?" Keith asked. Keith is my best friend. We became friends in the beginning of the year, which was two months ago. He's a witch, but he doesn't live in my area.

I smiled at the old pick-up truck that pulled up to my school. My Dad is here! "My daddy" I told Keith. 

He nodded before turning around to the sound of a loud honk. "My mommy's picking me up" he told me happily. He gave me a quick hug before running to a white car.

I walked to my dad's truck and jumped inside. "Hey, kiddo. How was school?" he asked.

Smiling, I started telling him about my day. "I learned how to teleport!" I piped up. I'm a hybrid. Half werewolf, half witch. Daddy is a hybrid too. I don't have a Mommy though. She doesn't live with us. But all the other kids have Mommys.

"Daddy?" I asked softly. He hummed in response. "Why don't I have a Mommy?" I asked. Keith told me that a Mommy is like Daddy, but Mommy is a girl. He also said that his Mommy is nicer than his Daddy. But my Daddy is very nice, so Mommy should be more nice.

My dad sighed as he drove. "We'll talk about this when we get home" he informed me. I felt like I was in trouble. Maybe I shouldn't have asked about Mommy.

*****************************************************

We got home about ten minutes later. I hopped out the car and followed Daddy into the house. We greeted our pack/coven. We live with rogues. Technically, we're rogues too. But we live on neutral land, so pack can't attack us without a reason.

Rogue witches also live with us. They are witches who got kicked out of their covens. But whether your a witch or a werewolf, they were part of our little family. I have a lot of aunts and uncles. Most people live in our pack house. But the families live in smaller houses around the area.

My dad is kinda like the leader. He's not an Alpha, he just makes sure that everything goes smoothly. He keeps everyone from fighting, and he helps protect people. Daddy went into my room and I sat down next to him on my bed. "Audrey, just know that Daddy loves you no matter what" I nodded my head. "Your Mommy is a werewolf. She's not a hybrid like us. You learned about mates in school right?"

"Mates are for werewolves. They are your other half. They balance you out. They are supposed to love you" I stated. I'm not sure if I have a mate, since I'm only part werewolf.

Daddy nodded. "Your Mommy was my mate. I loved your Mommy. I loved her even more when we found out that she was pregnant with you. But she was going to have triplets, three babies" he explained. So I have brothers and sisters? "Mommy wasn't very nice. She killed one of my best friends, Uncle Malcom"

I frowned. Daddy told me a lot about Uncle Malcom. He was the one who started our little family. He was the one who taught Daddy everything. But I never got to meet him."A few months after Malcom died; you, your brother, and your sister were born. But Mommy didn't want you" he said softly.

Tears spilled out of my eyes. What's wrong with me? Why didn't Mommy want me? "Nothing is wrong with you, baby. Mommy was a mean person and she gave you to me" Daddy stated. I don't think I like Mommy anymore. Keith was wrong. My Mommy isn't nice.

Daddy wiped away my tears as I sniffled. "Where's Mommy now?" I inquired.

He sighed. "Mommy found another mate. They mated, and now they are raising your brother and sister" I wrapped my arms around Daddy's waist. His mate left him. It had to hurt. "Do you want to meet them? Your family?" he asked hesitantly.

I quickly shook my head. "You're my family, Daddy" I chirped.

Daddy kissed my head. "I love you, Audrey"

"I love you, too"