Chapter 38

Audrey

"Thomas! Your mom!" I shouted from the kitchen. It's been a week since we've gotten back from our getaway. I fully moved into Thomas' room. He had to throw out a few things- including that random bucket of shoes that was stuffed into his closet.

Moving in was good and bad. Thomas and I had lunch together everyday, since he'll be up earlier so we won't have breakfast. We mostly had dinner together, but sometimes he would be working. Which was fine. We always went to bed together and somehow we always end up falling asleep during a conversation. We were making it work.

The only problem was Stacy. I don't mean to be rude, but that woman is obsessed. She's going grandma-crazy. And she's not even a grandma. For example, she's baby-proofing cabinets at the moment. "Mom. There's not a baby" Thomas came into the room and pried his mother from the dishwasher.

She swatted his hands away. "There might be" she retorted. We both gave her a look. "Too much. Sorry" she apologized, leaving the kitchen.

I sighed, laying my head on the cool countertop. I really wanted to sleep. I was exhausted. Thomas came over and began massaging my shoulders. "I'll have my dad talk to her. This is too much now" he informed me. I hummed in response. This shoulder massage felt really nice. "Hey. Don't fall asleep here. Want me to carry you upstairs?" he offered.

Nodding, I peeled my head off of the counter and turned to face him. With my eyes still closed, I held my arms up. Thomas chuckled before lifting me into his arms. My body bounced as he walked. I rested my head on his chest and began to fall asleep again. Once placed on the bed, I curled up in the covers.

My mate placed his hand on my forehead. "Are you sick?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No. I'm just tired" I informed him with a yawn. I didn't have coffee today, so I didn't have any caffeine my system. That's probably why. He nodded before pressing a kiss to my head. "I love you" I muttered as he moved away from the bed.

"I love you too"

***

I woke up and the room was pitch black. Thomas was sleeping next to me, snoring as usual. I slipped out of his arms, replacing my body with my pillow. He pulled it closer to him as I walked out of the room. My stomach growled, so I went to the kitchen. "Hey" I spun around to face Jesse. "What are you doing up?" he inquired.

"I could ask you the same thing"

Jesse shrugged. "Sammie and I got in a fight" he admitted, plopping down on a barstool. Late night drama! I sat down next to him, waiting for him to elaborate. "She's mad that I'm working. But I need to catch up with work. And when I have time to hang out, she's just conveniently busy at that time" he informed me.

I stood up and grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry. "Sorry. I'm hungry" I said sheepishly. Jesse laughed and shook his head in amusement. "You two just need to work out some type of system. Save time for each other. You don't need to catch up all at once. And you're allowed to take some breaks. Thomas and I have lunch together everyday. Then we talk before we go to sleep. It's not much, but he makes some days work-free. Do something similar. Take a day off. Suggest this stuff to her. Make a system" I suggested.

He nodded as I stuffed my face with chips. "Thanks for the advice. How will I ever repay you?" he asked, being the normal, dramatic Jesse that I love.

"You can drive me to McDonalds"

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Right now?" he questioned.

I nodded my head. "I really want some fries" I stated. He sighed and motioned for me to get up. Jesse snatched his keys off the counter before we both slipped on some shoes. "How far is McDonalds?" I questioned as we hopped into his pickup truck. It was one of those vintage-like pickups. But it was still clean like it just got freshly painted. It was a gorgeous vehicle.