Chapter 32

Audrey

The room turned chaotic. Now, everyone had their own questions. Would Keith be a Royal? Do we have to look up to him like a Prince? Will he have power over us? Can he use a Royal command?

I was listening to the questions. But my mind was elsewhere. Well, it was until my mate spoke up. "Does that mean that Keith is my mate?" The one question got everyone else to turn silent.

Dr. Nale could finally answer a question, but he didn't have a positive answer. He opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what to say. "Touch him" he said simply. We all looked at him questionably. "Keith already has part of Audrey's wolf in him. You'll know if you guys are mates if you feel sparks. So poke him or something" Dr. Nale suggested.

Thomas reluctantly took a step closer to Keith. But he grabbed me instead and pressed his lips to mine. "Even if this guy is my mate, I'm sticking with you" he mumbled, squeezing me to his chest. Poor Keith. But lucky me. I smiled, going on my tippy-toes to kiss his cheek.

"Well, that makes me feel so loved"

Our heads snapped to Keith. "Someone always has to ruin the moment" I muttered, hesitantly letting go of my mate.

He stood next to Keith but made no move to touch him. "You fuckin' chicken" Keith grumbled, reaching out and grabbing Thomas' hand.

"I feel..." Thomas paused and we all awaited his words. My heart was beating loudly in my chest, I thought it might explode. "Awkward" he finished, pulling his wrist out of Keith's hand. "That was really, really awkward" Thomas came back to me and grabbed my wrist. Once again, he kissed me. "I'm not mates with your best friend" he mumbled with his lips mere centimeters away from mine. We both laughed as I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Dude. Don't hold my hand ever again. You're my mate's best friend. That's disrespectful and kinda weird" he told Keith.

My best friend shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "You took too long" he stated, not really caring. "At least we know we're not mates anyway. I would've rejected you. No offense. You're just not my type"

We laughed as Thomas glared at Keith. "I'm everyone's type" he boasted.

I grinned. "Especially teenage girls who don't realize that their flash is on" I blurted. Thomas smiled down at me, pressing a kiss to my forehead. No one questioned my comment, they just smiled at us. "What?" I muttered, unable to prevent myself from blushing.

"You guys are cute" Mom gushed. I smiled at her while Thomas thanked her. "You two go on a date or something. It's been awhile since you've had time by yourselves. Go see a movie or something" she suggested.

I hesitated, looking at Keith and Dr. Nale. I want to go out with Thomas- it's always funny to see young girls ogling him. But I don't want to miss anything that might be important. "We can stay for an hour to see if Dr. Nale finds anything" Thomas offered.

Smiling gratefully at him, I nodded my head in agreement. "Well. Let's start test number one" Dr. Nale announced. He got up and motioned for us to follow. I was filled with anxiety as we walked down the hallway. I didn't know what test number one was, but I was nervous about it. "This should be fairly simple. Audrey will shift. We will see if it affects Keith" Dr. Nale stated.

Keith shrugged, plopping down on the dirt floor. "This is a waste of a good outfit" I muttered, standing in front of them and preparing to shift. Thomas laughed, offering to buy me a new outfit. I started shifting into my white wolf, but something wasn't right. A scream escaped my lips at the pain.

I closed my eyes, feeling every bone breaking and transforming. It was like my first shift. Thomas rushed forward, gently running his hand over my body to ease the pain. It helped, but the pain didn't stop. I opened my eyes to see Keith's eyes turning completely white. He was shaking as I shifted. Thomas was whispering things in my ears to calm me down, but I couldn't focus on him. Everything was turning blurry.