Chapter 31

Audrey

"Sherri. That conniving little witch. She sure lives up to her coven's name. Brings havoc to anyone that isn't a witch. She gets info on someone and makes their life hell. How I wish I could just rip her-"

"This is Dr. Nale" Dad cut off the man's ranting.  Dr. Nale was old- like really old. The very little hair that he had was thinner than a dust particle and whiter than printer paper. He had a friendly smile on his face, showing wrinkles from his aging.

Dr. Nale reached out and gently shook my hand. "It's nice to finally meet you" he said politely. "I was your mother's doctor when she was pregnant. And I was a consultant in your father's decisions" he informed me.

I smiled at him, nodding my head. "I don't mean to be rude. But you are a rogue" I pointed out.

He chuckled, nodding his head in confirmation. "I left the pack and have been staying in a coven. I study their magic. I was dedicated to figuring out how Odin planned to make a hybrid" A werewolf surrounded by witches. Interesting to say the least. "I've been informed that you were- you are part of the plan to make a hybrid?" Dr. Nale asked.

I shrugged, unsure about Anthony's plan. "Well, which one of you is Keith?" the doctor asked, looking around at the group of us. My friend slowly raised his hand and came towards Dr. Nale and I. Without warning, Dr. Nale pulled a syringe out and stabbed it into Keith's arm. My eyes went wide as he injected some substance into Keith. "Don't worry. It shouldn't kill him" Dr. Nale assured us.

It shouldn't kill him. But it could. The substance looked like liquid mercury as it traveled through Keith's veins. It could easily be see through his skin. The substance ran up his arms and around his whole body before going to his chest. His breath stopped as the air got sucked out of him. "Stop! Take it out of him!" I demanded, watching Keith fall to the floor. "Stop it!"

A few seconds went by before the substance disappeared from his veins and he inhaled a deep breath. Keith started panting as his hair was drenched with sweat. "Interesting" Dr. Nale mumbled. He got closer to Keith, held his eyelids open, and examined his eye balls. "Red iris" he stated.

"What did you do to him?!" I shouted, helping Keith to a chair.

We all stood in between Dr. Nale and Keith. Everyone was being protective- my parents included. "I'm don't mean to make you less important, but you were not the one" Dr. Nale said, looking straight at me. "It was a mix of liquid silver and wolfsbane- a test" he informed us. "Has Keith exercised his magic lately?" he inquired.

I didn't answer. My parents have trusted him at one time, but that doesn't mean I have to. After what he did to Keith, I'm not sure I can. Mom slightly turned to me and gave me a nod. "Answer. We'll set him straight later on" Mom assured me.

I slowly nodded my head in response to my mother. "I don't think so" I answered Dr. Nale.

"He hasn't. He had no need to" Emily stated. I flashed her a grateful smile. "He has been a little moody lately. Small things will tick him off and he'll act really childish sometimes. His feelings have been all over the place" she informed the man.

Dr. Nale let out a single chuckle as he gazed at Keith. "Use your magic" the doctor demanded. Keith looked to my mom for guidance and she nodded her head at him. He half-heartedly swung his hand out, levitating a lamp, and throwing it toward Dr. Nale. "Impressive" he muttered after ducking out of the way.

"Dr. Nale. Care to explain?" Dad asked as we watched the older man's face light up with a smile.

It was extremely creepy. "It looks like your friend here is in the first stage of becoming a hybrid" he stated. "The wolfsbane and silver affected him, but didn't knock him out. His mood swings are his emotions getting stronger. He's becoming a werewolf" Dr. Nale stated.