Chapter 18

Audrey

I woke up with the bright sun shining in my face. A smile instantly formed on my lips because my mate was sleeping peacefully with his warm breath fanning over the bare skin of my shoulder as he exhaled in his sleep. He had a strong arm draped over my waist, making me feel safe.

Just kidding.

That's what I wished happened. Obviously, my life isn't a perfect life and its certainly not normal. The sun didn't wake me up; an annoying alarm clock by the name of 'Jesse' did. There wasn't a smile on my face; I was frowning with an angry expression because Jesse woke me up. My mate wasn't sleeping peacefully; he was shifting and turning in his sleep. His breath wasn't fanning my skin; he was snoring rather loudly right above my head. And his arm definitely wasn't around my waist.

Groaning, I peeled his hand off of my boob, then dropped it at the center of his face. His snore cut off as he woke up. "You're a perv in your sleep" I informed Thomas.

His eyebrows knitted together in confusion while Jesse started laughing his ass off. "I should've... taken... a... picture" he said between laughs and panting like a dog. No pun intended. Really, no pun. I swear. That would actually be insulting to myself.

I grabbed a pillow from behind me and chucked it at Jesse. I heard a loud bang and turned around to see my mate clutching the back of his head. "You took my pillow" he said with a groan.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I got out the bed. "It's revenge for groping me while we were sleeping" I stated. His jaw dropped as Jesse started laughing again. "You-" I pointed at Jesse. "Get out before I get Sammie to drag you out" I demanded. He practically sprinted out the room. I could hear him screaming about losing his natural rights or something like that. "And you need to learn to keep your hands to yourself" I told Thomas.

He jutted out his bottom lip. But I ignored him and walked to the bathroom to shower. "Hey! Can I join you?!" Thomas blurted.

"That just confirms that you're a perv" I deadpanned. I didn't give him the chance to response as I closed the bathroom door and locked it. "Be a good mate and get me clothes!" I shouted. Through the door, I heard him grumble about him not being my servant, but I chose to ignore his statement.

Thankfully, there was a stack of unused towels already on the sink. I stripped out of my clothes and hopped in the shower. I made sure to take my time because showers are amazing. If you don't love showers, then something is definitely wrong with you.

First of all, how could you not like the warm water bouncing off your skin as it shoots out of a magical shower head. Yes, I think that thing is magic. The shower head is able to spray out little droplets of water or a long stream of water- depending on how you adjusted it. Second of all, it's like the ceiling is gone so it's raining on you. But it's not the cold rain that will get you sick. It's warm and comforting. Third of all, you probably stink if you don't like showers. And that's gross.

After my shower, I wrapped my hair in a towel and wrapped another towel around my body. I peeked out of the bathroom, making sure that my mate wasn't inside. Thankfully, he had the decency to not be in the room while I change. But it doesn't make up for the whole groping thing.

Sitting on the bed was a small stack of clothes. There were of course undergarments. I'm pretty sure that having Thomas pick out my clothes was a bad idea. He picked out some shorts that were at least decent. However, the undergarments that he chose were both laced. Like I said, my mate is a pervert. I dried myself off before slipping on the undergarment and the shorts.

I refuse to wear the top he picked out. I'm not sure it even counts as a 'top'. It was just a small bandeau. I'm surprised that he would actually be okay with me wearing an outfit like that. It's way too revealing. Sighing, I walked inside of Thomas' closet and grabbed one of his grey shirts.