Chapter 29

Audrey

"Wake up babe" my eyes slowly fluttered open at the sound of my mate's cooing voice. "Hey" he said softly, brushing my hair out of my face. "It's almost noon and we kinda need your help with something" he informed me.

I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and yawning. "What'd you need help with?" I muttered, curling my hair out of my face.

Thomas kissed my head. "Phoenix is still here. He took care of Riley all night because he couldn't find anyone" he stated.

That instantly woke me up. I repeatedly blinked before getting off the bed. "Where's Dave?" I questioned, letting out another yawn. He shrugged, handing me a bra and some shorts. I put on the clothes, keeping Thomas' shirt on. I sighed, taking the hair tie that Thomas handed me. I threw my hair in a bun to keep it out of my face.

I walked out the room, my mate following after me. "Audrey" he called out as I walked down the hallway. I turned and hummed in question. "The living room it that way" he informed me. I rubbed my eyes one last time with a yawn before walking in the opposite direction. "We really need to get you coffee" Thomas muttered.

Nodding in agreement, I let him guide me to the living room. "I'll make you coffee while you talk to Phoenix" he stated, going off and leaving me by the couch.

"I'm sorry I had him wake you" Phoenix apologized. I waved him off, plopping on the couch across from him. "I couldn't find anyone who knew Riley. I just let her sleep on the couch and I slept on this one" he informed me.

I smiled softly at him, feeling more awake. "Well, thanks for taking care of her. I thought that my brother would have been around somewhere" Where is Dave? I looked around as if he would just pop up out of nowhere. "I actually don't remember seeing him at the party" I muttered.

Phoenix gave me a curious look. "Wasn't it his party too, though?" he questioned. I slowly nodded my head. "No one has seen him?" Phoenix asked.

Shrugging, I turned as Thomas came in with a mug of steaming coffee. "Do you know if anyone has seen Dave at all last night?" I asked.

Thomas nodded, carefully handing me the coffee. "I saw him at the party. But that was the beginning. It's like he disappeared" he stated.

Worry filled me. Someone could've been at the party. And they could've hurt him and we just don't know it yet. "If something happened to him, I would know right? Don't twins have the weird mind thing or whatever? I would've felt something, right? He can't be hurt. He's just occupied. And he's fine. He's not hurt, right?" I babbled.

Thomas placed his hand on the small of my back and began rubbing small circles. "I'm sure he's fine. You can mind-link him. Just ask" Thomas insisted.

I nodded, trying to focus on my brother. "Where are you?" I questioned. Luckily, his wall wasn't up. I waited anxiously, slowly sipping my coffee. "Thanks for the coffee" I told my mate. He smiled, kissing my cheek.

"I found my mate. And she's perfect. And we completed the mating process. And I'm on my way back to the castle" Dave said in a rush.

My eyes widened as I looked at Thomas. "He found his mate! And they're coming here! And they had sex!" I exclaimed. His face scrunched up as he cringed. I guess he didn't really need to know that. I shot him an apologetic look, sipping my coffee again. "Hey. Where's Riley right now?" I asked.

Thomas shrugged and we looked at Phoenix. "She wanted to play with some of the kids. I think they're outside playing with their magic" he informed us. Well, we never taught them any dangerous spells. Just simple invisibility and transportation spells.