Chapter 14

Audrey

"Audrey!" a voice shouted. I jolted awake, hitting my mate's face in the process. Thomas groaned as a hand flew up to his face.

I gasped. "Oh, my god. I'm so sorry" I apologized. His hand cupped his nose, but blood started dripping from the cracks of his fingers. "Ew. You're bleeding" I blurted. Thomas narrowed his eyes at me. "I'll go get a towel!" I said quickly.

I ran to his bathroom and grabbed a fluffy dark blue towel off of the counter. Thomas moved his hand, and I quickly pressed the towel to his face. He grunted. "Sorry!" I said sheepishly. I think I'm just making this worse.

Someone behind me was howling with laughter at the scene. Turning around, I glared at David. "Did you need something?" I snapped. I'm very angry in the morning. Plus, he's laughing at me.

His eyes widened as he remember why he came inside. "Keith!" he exclaimed. I jumped out the bed and rushed down the stairs to Keith's room. Shit. I left my bleeding mate in the room.

'Well, I'm sure he can handle a nosebleed' Casey stated. Wow. It's been a while since I've heard from her. I quickly opened the door to see my best friend sitting up in the bed. Gardenia was standing a few yards away as Keith warily looked at her.

"Keith!" I shouted as I ran to my best friend. I threw my arms around his neck and breathed in his scent. It wasn't the same when he was like comatose or whatever. Now, its back to normal. He slowly wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't help but cry. Keith hushed me and patted my back. "Y-You ass-hole. I-I thought you w-were gonna d-die" I stuttered.

He pulled away from me and wiped my face. "You can't get rid of me that easily" he stated. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into another hug. "You got a lot stronger" he wheezed out.

I quickly let go of him. "Sorry. I just missed you" I told him as I ruffled up his hair. "You missed a lot" I informed him.

He frowned and nodded his head. "You broke the bond" he stated. Hesitantly, I nodded my head. I wasn't sure how he would react. The bond was important to both of us. We've been bonded for as long as I could remember. I made the decision to break it without asking him if it was okay- I couldn't really ask him, but I still made the decision by myself.

Keith sighed. "Audrey. I have to tell you something" he said softly.

I noticed him glancing at Gardenia. "Um... Can we have a few minutes?" I asked my sister. She nodded and quietly left the room. "What is it?" I inquired.

Keith ran a hand down his face. "Your father put a block in my mind. When I woke up, I just remembered a bunch of things. Important things" he said quickly.

"What important things?" I urged. Why would Anthony block his memories? It doesn't make sense. I couldn't think of a reason for it.

He collected his thoughts before patting the bed. I slowly eased next to him. "When we were about 11, before we were bonded; Ant came to the school. He told me that you weren't his daughter. That he kidnapped you. I started freaking out, but he put a spell on me so I couldn't say anything.

He told me that you were full werewolf. He said that you and he were bonded; that's how you have magic. But he was weak, so he needed a stronger witch for you to be bonded to. Since we were practically glued together, he planned to bond the two of us" he informed me.

My eyebrows furrowed together. So Anthony told Keith about who I really was, and I was bonded to Anthony before I was bonded to Keith. "I don't get it" I voiced my thoughts.

"You never had your own magic" Keith said softly. "With the bond, you just fed off of my powers. That's why your father was so persistent on us being bonded"